231.1 KB · Views: 669
  • 1571657285655.png
    1571657285655.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 633
  • 1571657292567.png
    1571657292567.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 642
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think we can, and certainly shouldn't, match the 7 figure offers.

Still, lol at the Bird part. Just shows how there's no such thing as a "luxury buy".

My favourite part was that we had the choice of chasing him or Moses, and opted to chase him. Imagine how much better our current team composition would be with Moses, who also would've come cheaper than Bird.

Moses was never going to work for us and by all reports, he was going to cost more than Bird.

Sounds like Croft might not be coming either [emoji2955]

If we can't even get him then we truly are fucked.

I stand by what I said earlier last month, if Seibold dares to name a barely changed side come Round 1, I am not watching a single game until they and he are gone.

We can't even talk to him about joining our club next year. Unless Melbourne give him permission to talk to other clubs, which by the looks of it they aren't, then there is literally jack shit we can do.

I will watch on fox but wont go to Suncorp unless the shit has been flushed from the squad. Still pretty confident big changes are going to happen. Still early days and some of these journos know about as much as us about what is really going on.

If we can't even get him then we truly are fucked.

I stand by what I said earlier last month, if Seibold dares to name a barely changed side come Round 1, I am not watching a single game until they and he are gone.
To be fair though, I don't think Seibold has much control over it. The things that have cooked us are the signings that Bennett / White made before his arrival. They are the ones that signed Bird, Macca, Boyd, Gillett on the big money, long term deals. It show's how stuffed our salary cap must have been if we are struggling to retain people after releasing McGuire, Kahu, Roberts, Nikorima, Sua as well.

So if we name basically the same squad next year, I blame Bennett / White, not Seibold, because I think he is doing his best to move people on, it is just no one wants Boyd, Macca, Gillett or Bird on anything near their current deals.

If anything, we should be thanking Seibold for moving on the players he did, because they were players who weren't adding to us, and he was able to get rid of all of them without us needing to pay for any of their salary. If those players weren't moved on, we would have literally 0 chance of keeping Fifita, and as it is, that chance seems slim.

I just hope the rumours of Boyd having a contract activation clause for 2021 are true, so that they can make sure he doesn't hit it, and use that money to help bump up Fifita, because we simply cannot lose Fifita.

I'd look to move on Bird, Boyd, Macca, Gillett, Offa, Oates, TPJ, Lodge all before losing Fifita. Fifita will be the best second rower for the next 10 years, and Haas will be the best front rower for the next 10 years. Those are two players you can 100% build a team around.

Not going to read too much into this, but clearly David Fifita is the greatest rugby league player in the world , and if we lose him I'll be in the front row of the riots teamng down Caxton Street and up to Red Hill.

The fact that we can't even give away Bird, Gillett, Boyd, or Macca without footing a ridiculous amount of their contracts says it all about Bennett/ the club's recruitment decisions of late. If souths, Melbourne, or the rorters somehow sign Fifita I will vomit on the spot and give the game up.

Last edited:
100% the Club is Parramatta, they have alot of cap space now, IMO if we can offer around 700k we should still be able to keep him.

Last edited:
To be fair though, I don't think Seibold has much control over it. The things that have cooked us are the signings that Bennett / White made before his arrival. They are the ones that signed Bird, Macca, Boyd, Gillett on the big money, long term deals. It show's how stuffed our salary cap must have been if we are struggling to retain people after releasing McGuire, Kahu, Roberts, Nikorima, Sua as well.

So if we name basically the same squad next year, I blame Bennett / White, not Seibold, because I think he is doing his best to move people on, it is just no one wants Boyd, Macca, Gillett or Bird on anything near their current deals.

If anything, we should be thanking Seibold for moving on the players he did, because they were players who weren't adding to us, and he was able to get rid of all of them without us needing to pay for any of their salary. If those players weren't moved on, we would have literally 0 chance of keeping Fifita, and as it is, that chance seems slim.

I just hope the rumours of Boyd having a contract activation clause for 2021 are true, so that they can make sure he doesn't hit it, and use that money to help bump up Fifita, because we simply cannot lose Fifita.

I'd look to move on Bird, Boyd, Macca, Gillett, Offa, Oates, TPJ, Lodge all before losing Fifita. Fifita will be the best second rower for the next 10 years, and Haas will be the best front rower for the next 10 years. Those are two players you can 100% build a team around.
Exactly. I would let anyone leave to keep Fifita the only exceptions would be Haas and Isaako.

If we lose Fifita or Staggs because of Boyd, Macca, Oates or Gillet staying on, i wont watch a game next season.
If the Roosters or the Rabbitohs get Fifita, i will give the game away altogether.

100% the Club is Parramatta, they have alot of cap space now, IMO if we can offer around 700k we should still be able to keep him.

Aren't they going after Matto? From their POV he's more realistic, cheaper, and he should be available next year. It's not like he's a crap player either.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • kiwibronco
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.