AUS FOOTBALL Brisbane Lions - AFL 2024 Premiers

What makes this so much sweeter is how basically everyone wrote us off. Halfway through the season we were no chance but even when we made the finals flogs like Kingy saying Fages can’t coach and Chris Scott will run rings around him. Even this week guys like Daisy were saying Sydney by plenty. All the talk of Heeney was going to destroy us yet they shut him completely out of the game.

This still feels as good as last night.

What makes this so much sweeter is how basically everyone wrote us off. Halfway through the season we were no chance but even when we made the finals flogs like Kingy saying Fages can’t coach and Chris Scott will run rings around him. Even this week guys like Daisy were saying Sydney by plenty. All the talk of Heeney was going to destroy us yet they shut him completely out of the game.

there was so much talk on social media that we would get dominated by Grundy because big O was out. How he would run Darcy fort off his feet. But the lions were too smart for that. We doubled teamed Grundy with Daniher and fort and it was Grundy who looked gassed.

Winning a close intense game is always most intriguing but absolutely dominating a grand final against the minor premiers is something I’ll never forget.

I certainly wrote us off. Many many times this season. They looked gone but kept coming back. The fight we showed this season hasn’t been there in seasons gone by. The resilience showed this season was simply epic.

This was 2001 all over again. Essendon looked like they would walk it in and we took them down in the GF.

Let's hope the next two years go the same way.

I still can't believe we are adding LAshcroft and Marshall to this side as well plus Coleman, Doedee, Reville and McCarthy to return.

The thing about what happened with Fort too means any mature aged players who are really good might either not want to leave or might want to come to us because who knows, maybe they might just get an opportunity like that as well if injuries strike.

Apparently too, Neale has been playing two months with a broken foot and Hipwood confirmed he has Osteitis Pubis. These boys were not being beaten by anyone this year.

This was 2001 all over again. Essendon looked like they would walk it in and we took them down in the GF.

Let's hope the next two years go the same way.

I still can't believe we are adding LAshcroft and Marshall to this side as well plus Coleman, Doedee, Reville and McCarthy to return.

The thing about what happened with Fort too means any mature aged players who are really good might either not want to leave or might want to come to us because who knows, maybe they might just get an opportunity like that as well if injuries strike.

Apparently too, Neale has been playing two months with a broken foot and Hipwood confirmed he has Osteitis Pubis. These boys were not being beaten by anyone this year.
I’ve been highly critical of hipwood at times but you could see why fagan stood by him. He does a lot of work off the ball and often provides a target for the backs coming out of our 50. Hopefully he can get that injury fixed up in the off season.

Our list looks amazing for next year. I really hope Daniher goes around again since he’s contracted. If we stay hungry, another gf appearance is certainly on the cards.

I’ve been highly critical of hipwood at times but you could see why fagan stood by him. He does a lot of work off the ball and often provides a target for the backs coming out of our 50. Hopefully he can get that injury fixed up in the off season.

Our list looks amazing for next year. I really hope Daniher goes around again since he’s contracted. If we stay hungry, another gf appearance is certainly on the cards.

It sure does, we should be even stronger next year but that would be dented by Daniher retiring if he does.

As for Hipwood, goodness me that goal yesterday will become the stuff of legends.

It sure does, we should be even stronger next year but that would be dented by Daniher retiring if he does.

As for Hipwood, goodness me that goal yesterday will become the stuff of legends.
I loved how aker was down at the final training run this week. You could see him talking closely with the small forwards. Wonder what was discussed because they were all on fire with the goal kicking. Then the hipwood celebration was the icing on the cake.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.