OLYMPICS Brisbane Olympic Disaster

I think the main issue with the Gabba is the train station is to far away from the stadium. It actually makes no sense to rebuild the Gabba if they cant adequately address the public transport issue in getting to the stadium. And buses or trams just simply aren't the fix either.

Isn't there supposed to be a cross river rail station near the Gabba in a few years

I think the main issue with the Gabba is the train station is to far away from the stadium. It actually makes no sense to rebuild the Gabba if they cant adequately address the public transport issue in getting to the stadium. And buses or trams just simply aren't the fix either.
Sounds like the same issue the SCG/SFS has, they just recently put a light rail there and called it a day but it's still a shit show.

That said most Stadiums in Shitney have the same issue, only Homebush doesn't because they made a whole new train line just for it.

Surprised AFL not going mad about this where do Lions play in 15 years.

They're really not saying much. Probably a good idea to avoid this as long as they can in an election year.

They've already ruled out Victoria Park. They'll get another review that probably has some minor adjustments and go "See, the experts are telling us to do this so we must do this. Don't blame us, blame the experts"

They've already ruled out Victoria Park. They'll get another review that probably has some minor adjustments and go "See, the experts are telling us to do this so we must do this. Don't blame us, blame the experts"

Given the reaction, at least that I've seen, getting a mate to say build the Gabba might make quite a few Brisbanites happy.

What will suncorp upgrade be for, increased capacity???

What will suncorp upgrade be for, increased capacity???

Apparently? To upgrade the capacity though, surely they need to remove and replace the roof...can't see it. I think the Vic Park stadium will get up eventually tbh. Gut feeling

Isn't there supposed to be a cross river rail station near the Gabba in a few years

It’s literally across the road, although the entry to the station I believe is on Leopard street on the left which doesn't seem too great. Needs one under Main St directly in front of the stadium

Connects with the existing busway and is part of CRR

It's a victim of its location in that Vulture and Stanley are just far too important roads to cut, being one-way opposite roads that connect East Brisbane and everything north of Old Cleveland Rd to the M3, South Bank/Brisbane and the Mater + QCH (and vice-versa). Cut those and every street north becomes a rat run through the suburban back streets past the stadium to get back onto them and/or Old Cleveland gets a hell of a lot busier along with Lytton Rd as well

So you can't expand north to Linton St or south into the top of Logan Rd, and taking the school east to Wellington or even back to Lisburn won't really matter as you won't be able to make it any bigger in diameter keeping within the bounds of Vulture and Stanley.

I guess you could build it up/redesign the layout to increase capacity, but I think you'll still struggle for proper space

Can't they just make the stands steeper, and reduce field size to the minimum for AFL/cricket?

That said the residential around the stadium is poor as **** by who ever approved that shit.

paris Olympics this year??? am i the only one that forgot all about it?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • westy316
  • Midean
  • Horseheadsup
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • simplythebest
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.