British clubs line up for Lockyer

Thank you Mick.I really don't think a lot of these people actually watched Loti and Dell playing on the wing.They were everywhere.
These guys just didnt stand out on the wing never to be seen unless the ball came their way.
Don't let Micheals go but Izzie on the wing would be a great roving player.

Michaels can play left centre with Folau staying on the wing with Hodges. If not Michaels wouldnt quit just because he cant play centres would he?

Somehow, finishing (on the wing) seems less important?

Folau started on the wing and I reckon that's his ideal position at the Broncs. He'd kill 'em.

IMO, Hodges and the continually improving Michaels are our ideal centre pairing.

You don't pay a guy 400k a season to pay wing (unless you are the ARU) he is too strong a ball runner and has too much ability in getting his outside men involved as a centre to waste him on the wing. The Storm have been proving that if you kick half decently (which Cronk more than does) you can get him involved in high ball contests despite him being in the centres. Michaels is very good and improving but Folau is better and has even more potential than Michaels does and thats no disrespect to Michaels because I really rate his ability.

Folau should be at wing, but I agree with Mick its a mute point. The Broncos need a big outside back to complement Hodges on the other side. We just don't have enough strike power out wide and this was plainly evident on the weekend. The Storm big guys made the yards and their speed men scored the tries (mostly). The plain truth of the matter is you need at least 2 big guys out wide.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Frank the Tank said:
How many passed did sailor throw in his career, 2? 3? No use having a center that can't pass.

And Quinn scored 3 tries against the mighty broncos the other day. Playing outside who? folau thats right.

No that's wrong [icon_thumbs_do It was Chambers.

Like Coxy has said, Folau is the man mountain winger we've been missing since Lote and Dell went to Union. I know I wouldnt want to bein a defensive line waiting for for big Izzy to return a kick [icon_ee

BroncoMatt said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Frank the Tank said:
How many passed did sailor throw in his career, 2? 3? No use having a center that can't pass.

And Quinn scored 3 tries against the mighty broncos the other day. Playing outside who? folau thats right.

Like Coxy has said, Folau is the man mountain winger we've been missing since Lote and Dell went to Union. I know I wouldnt want to bein a defensive line waiting for for big Izzy to return a kick [icon_ee

Hes built in the same mould and has similar attributes ot Hodges, why don't we have Hodgo on the wing, cos he would be wasted there!

Word on the street is that Michaels may be linked to the Titans, and I wouldnt be suprised to see Boyd follow Bennett to Dragons..

Perhaps we will see a new backline next year of

1. Hunt
2. Beale
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Robinson
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

?

ronnyd said:
BroncoMatt said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Frank the Tank said:

Hes built in the same mould and has similar attributes ot Hodges, why don't we have Hodgo on the wing, cos he would be wasted there!

Rubbish. Hodges isn't nearly as robust as Folau, nor as fast.

And MB: who says we're paying Folau $400K? We're not. Though we WERE paying Sailor more than that during the Super League war, and he was playing wing eusa_think

I'm not saying Folau shouldn't play centres. If he plays there he'll be f'n awesome, but he'll be just as good on the wing IMO. And wing is where we're lacking some spark and quality. We don't have a problem in the centres at the moment.

Correct me if im wrong, but we didnt have salary caps in Super league? So paying $400K for a winger didnt matter. with a salary cap it does matter

Tbh, I don't care where Folau plays, so long as he's wearing the right colours! icon_thumbs_u

Coxy said:
ronnyd said:
BroncoMatt said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Frank the Tank said:

Hodges not as robust as Folau :shock: . So you are saying if Hodges was faster he should be played on the wing??

Hull Rovers are already in the hunt for Lockyer.
My guess is he will go next year.
He leaves it until the following year and he will be 33 maybe still have a bung leg and not the Locky of old and who even SL are going to give big dollars then?

He will get to play in the World Cup(injury free) and that will be his swansong.

Coxy said:
ronnyd said:
BroncoMatt said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Frank the Tank said:

And MB: who says we're paying Folau $400K? We're not. Though we WERE paying Sailor more than that during the Super League war, and he was playing wing eusa_think

I'm not saying Folau shouldn't play centres. If he plays there he'll be f'n awesome, but he'll be just as good on the wing IMO. And wing is where we're lacking some spark and quality. We don't have a problem in the centres at the moment.

Again I say - it's the finishing out wide where I think we're capable of improving.

Folau on the wing - perhaps rotating with Michaels at centre is a damn good combination IMO.

Coxy, I get 400k per season by taking 1.6 million and dividing it by 4 years. Do you want to whip out the actual contract otherwise I am happy assuming he is on an average of 400k a year [icon_razz1

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Coxy, I get 400k per season by taking 1.6 million and dividing it by 4 years. Do you want to whip out the actual contract otherwise I am happy assuming he is on an average of 400k a year [icon_razz1

don't believe what everything you hear in the media with regards to contract figures... they probably have no more knowledge about them than we do and are just speculating.

FCB BB AKA MB said:

Bruno has repeatedly laughed at suggestions the contract is worth that much.

Slimy journalist vs club CEO...ok, neither are particularly trustworthy, but I'd take the word of someone involved in the contract than some idiot outsider.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Bongo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.