Broncoman's State of Origin thread of hope and despair

For those 3 games yep.

**** how tough was Devere getting stapled after Gordie got him high

The reason they brought in Golden Point...

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlaw should have got it closer to the sticks, plus Tuqiri had a shocker with the boot that night

The reason they brought in Golden Point...

Holy shit, is that Robbie O'Davis? I can't remember him playing in 02

Last edited by a moderator:
How good is Andrew Fifita, he has been awesome tonight

24 hit-ups for 216 meters, 1 offload, busted through 11 tackles and made 42 tackles without missing one. Quality performance

The dirtiest act in origin has been done by a Queenslander. Craig Greenhill 1996 game 2 necked the Chief high.

God damn that Carlaw try takes me back.

Seriously, Game 3 2002 - best game of all time. It had everything.

God damn that Carlaw try takes me back.

Seriously, Game 3 2002 - best game of all time. It had everything.

What did you make of the Darren Lockyer no try thing, I'm a Blues fan and I even thought it was a terrible call. Was a great game though can remember it so easily

Worst decision of all time.

Took something that should be remembered along the same likes as the Mark Gasnier centenary try and turned it into a piece of controversy.

Think it came out in Lockyer's book that the video referee admitted he got the decision wrong but it's of little consolation now that we have to put up with golden point - still one of the biggest overreactions in Rugby League history.

But hey, it adds to the spectacle of that night.

Other moments of that game I remember vividly

- Tallis lassoing Hodgeson. Brett had one of the all-time greatest games at fullback in the same arena a few weeks prior and was threatening to break free until Big Gordie in the twilight of his career pulled off that brilliant play.

- Sterlo criticising Barrett as Trent rips us apart

- Lockyer's spiderman grab of a pin-point Johns grubber

- The no try of course

- The sensational try to Moodie which should have given the Blues victory...

- Lockyer's daring short kick off and the aftermath.

Annoys me a bit how revisionists try and re-write the night as anything but a Queensland victory. Only one team was happy after that game and they weren't from NSW.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.