Broncoman's State of Origin thread of hope and despair

That was the first Origin match I went to. :rockon:

That was the first Origin match I went to. :rockon:

Jealous.

First game I went to was Game III 2005 and I was so sure that year was the year we'd finally win.

Couldn't have been more wrong, was so depressed on the bus ride home.

That was easily the greatest night out at the footy I've ever had. I went to that game with dad and one of my uncles and I gave it to them the whole night, to win the series at Lang Park was brilliant. When we got home dad said QLD would never win another series.

Paul Harragon was as soft as shite.

Remember when he tore you blokes a new asshole in game 1 2008, I don't.

960099_10151412382105598_877840609_n.jpg

Last edited:
It was great touring with Queenslanders because it ensured there were some terrific banjo players in the team - Former Wallabies and Waratahs captain Simon Poidevin

They don't do this much anymore but before Reds V Waratahs games both sides would have a state luncheon and basically insult the other side. If it makes you feel better I'm on the QLD side when it comes to Union, love the Reds and hate the Waratahs with a passion.

The dirtiest act in origin has been done by a Queenslander. Craig Greenhill 1996 game 2 necked the Chief high.

Les Boyd says hi......

Last edited by a moderator:
No one cares about union

Really?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...ime/story-e6frf4qu-1226473258528#.Uapr7EAwdmw
In a measure of just how high the Reds have soared since they limped along unloved in 2009, the state's surging Super Rugby team has won the code battle on the crowd front by finishing 2012 averaging 34,217 fans per game at Suncorp Stadium.The Broncos were still the envy of NRL clubs around the country for drawing average crowds of 33,377 for the regular season at the same home ground. It will still stun Broncos powerbrokers that they have not headed the Reds when the league club has always felt it owned the city.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.