Broncos - 2015 Discussion

2015 has easily been the most enjoyable season since 2008.

So many memorable moments and we're just over half-way through the season. Outside of defence and the tendancy to come up with the big plays at the right time, the biggest improvement has been the Broncos ability to spread the ball from one side to another. There were times under Griffin where the Broncos looked completely rudderless and couldn't offer more than one out plays. This was particularly frustrating because the Broncos were great at gaining field position but were terrible at capitilising on it. However, the acquisitions of Boyd, Blair & Milford has really helped the Broncos in this regard and they're playing with a lot more shape and energy.

Combined that with the improved defence (which 1910 absolutely nailed) and you can see why the Broncos are on a whole other level to last year.

Whether they can maintain or go up another gear remains to be seen and in all honesty isn't worth discussing until the competition hits Round 20. That's when we'll get a sense of where all the teams are at heading into the finals and whether the Broncos have the maturity to compete with the better sides.

Everything until then is just two points in the grand scheme of things. However, I'll lap up each win especially when they're against a side we haven't beaten in 5 years (or 10 if the other games don't count).

i think this says it all for me, been great to watch compared to the last few seasons but its not over yet.... looking good, positive signs, love the tough wins and long may it continue

And you know what sucks? Those other years I've been "I just wish we could be more competitive and push the top teams, knowing that on our day we can beat anyone. Now that we're going really well, I'm like "We better win the premiership, what a let-down it would be to not, considering how well we've gone so far".

And you know what sucks? Those other years I've been "I just wish we could be more competitive and push the top teams, knowing that on our day we can beat anyone. Now that we're going really well, I'm like "We better win the premiership, what a let-down it would be to not, considering how well we've gone so far".

i agree, and whats even weirder is that its really only a milford/boyd/blair difference.... now they have been fairly contentious signings, not to mention bennet himself.. crazy the unhappiness but the results have been amazing!

So I'm going through some of my old stuff, and I found my year 10 grade photo which included a young Daniel Vidot. I thought you guys might be interested so I've made a shoddy attempt at a photo and uploaded it.

attachment.php

2007 Wavell Yearbook photo time, apologies for the horrid quality.

kOIGuKd.jpg

Left to Right: Dale Copley, Myself (Pulling an extremely attractive face), Kurt Baptiste, Aaron Whitchurch.

Have a go at the hairstyles.. Shaggy was so hip back then.

Hahaha, oh shittt, I remember having that exact hairstyle in high school. Good times!

kOIGuKd.jpg

Left to Right: Dale Copley, Myself (Pulling an extremely attractive face), Kurt Baptiste, Aaron Whitchurch.

Awesome mate this is awesome. So much hair. Poor kurt though that didn't last long

[MENTION=8290]Unbreakable[/MENTION] that hairstyle you have is exactly what I tried to have for nearly all of my hairschool and early 20s, never worked though. As soon as he grew out a bit it would go so curly it was nearly ringlets. Even tried shaving it all off hoping it would come back better but nope.

Jealous

kOIGuKd.jpg

Was Mick Taylor still managing the team then?

Thought the exact same thing. Apparently John Jarratt lives around Brisbane somewhere. If I ever heard him laugh I'd roll up into a little ball and cry like a bitch.

Me too. Man he played that role well, that laugh is scary as ****.

With the Cowboys just going down to the Sharks we have become outright table leaders, and have the bye next week.

So there's something nice to think about after crying over Moose.

And we have the second best for & against in the comp.

Just 1 point behind Roosters, but I have a feeling we'll be 50 points behind by the end of the round..

Active Now

• Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.