NEWS Broncos 2020 back line a cavalcade of possibles and probables

I guess it would be different if I had said

"for the good of this forum maybe Huge should consider just dieing"

Hope Fifita doesn't mistake you for a Balinese Bouncer with comments like that
For the good of the forum you'd like me to cut out shapes with a die cast machine? Ooooookay then ! Not sure where you're going with that one but if you tell me more I might end up dying to try it.

I guess it would be different if I had said

"for the good of this forum maybe Huge should consider just dieing"

Hope Fifita doesn't mistake you for a Balinese Bouncer with comments like that
I think @Huge is about three times the size of that Balinese bouncer so even though he is older than Moses, he might give Fifita cause to reconsider doing anything silly.

Super League, good one.

It's scary how good he could be with proper training and diet, he will need to get smart about that as he gets older as a player.

With a proper seven next to him, I think some of the Milf haters will be in for a shock next season.

It’s exactly what I said wasn’t it?? If he doesn’t fix his shit then super league is his best place for him to chase the coin.

It’s exactly what I said wasn’t it?? If he doesn’t fix his shit then super league is his best place for him to chase the coin.

He's not going to super league. He won't get a million elsewhere, but he'll get close enough to it I think.

It's not like Milford has been shithouse for yonks either. Inconsistent, spread too thin, yes.

I think @Huge is about three times the size of that Balinese bouncer so even though he is older than Moses, he might give Fifita cause to reconsider doing anything silly.
I think I've seen garden gnomes bigger than that bouncer.

1. Isaako/Arthars
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Kahu

You just know Seibold is picking Kahu to be on one wing. And if not him, there will be others around the club that will be reading way too much into how much "experience" he brings into the side whispering in his ear to find a place for him, especially if Seibold does what we all hope and stands firm on Boyd's exit from the frame. It will end up costing us someone like Farnworth or Coates and everyone and their mother will be even more livid about the current predicament.

I think you pick the best 17 and depending on how they show up, that may be one of the old guard like Kahu and I'm OK with that. We just don't want to be in the position we were this year, playing people out of form and out of position due to a lack of depth.
Our forwards look good. Our backs are a work in progress but at least there is the thing that they can hardly play worse, so its all up from here.

1. Isaako/Arthars
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Kahu

You just know Seibold is picking Kahu to be on one wing. And if not him, there will be others around the club that will be reading way too much into how much "experience" he brings into the side whispering in his ear to find a place for him, especially if Seibold does what we all hope and stands firm on Boyd's exit from the frame. It will end up costing us someone like Farnworth or Coates and everyone and their mother will be even more livid about the current predicament.
I think there is very very little chance Seibold picks Kahu in the starting side considering he already told him last year he was a depth player and let him go to a different team in the hope someone would take him...

Also he is injured for the next 4-5 months

Kahn was second to Isaako who was playing wonderfully but has since stunk it up. My point was that these players are to be used.
I'd agree that farnsworth should be the "the next cab off the rank" based on form, but whose to say where injury brings us. I will say this much for Kahn. He was an outstanding winger for us in his previous stint.
He just lacked the physical characteristics (and a half decent centre partner who would share the ball) to reach that next level.

Kahu is not terrible and might play a role next but it's doubtful. I'm pretty sure he is only seen as depth but you never know.

1. Isaako/Arthars
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Kahu

I’d prefer Boyd on the wing over Kahu. Obviously both playing qcup is the dream, but at least Boyd isn’t made of glass and has some sort of pedigree on the wing from his rep days. I can’t exactly see him scoring any diving tries though

I’d prefer Boyd on the wing over Kahu. Obviously both playing qcup is the dream, but at least Boyd isn’t made of glass and has some sort of pedigree on the wing from his rep days. I can’t exactly see him scoring any diving tries though
Yep. Diving is more something Boyd does in defence.

There's nothing to suggest Seibold wanted Kahu back, and in any case he'll get injured again as soon as he's fit. Farnworth and Arthars have to be ahead of him. Boyd potentially ahead of both for "experience" and PR reasons.. I want Farnwrth to get the first shot, he looked good in his NRL appearances and it sounds like his QCUP season was strong.

I think there is very very little chance Seibold picks Kahu in the starting side considering he already told him last year he was a depth player and let him go to a different team in the hope someone would take him...

The estimate is 5 months, but reckons he'll be back earlier because he always "smashes out" the recovery:

For the good of the forum you'd like me to cut out shapes with a die cast machine? Ooooookay then ! Not sure where you're going with that one but if you tell me more I might end up dying to try it.
If you cut out the shapes you could prolong your life indefinitely

You guys are all insane. Milford is our best person in the backline, by quite a way as awell. Staggs is wayy too inconsistent, lots of errors and poor in defence.

Milford won't be going anywhere. He is easily our best playmaker, and still in the top 5 five-eights in the game.
[automerge]1574559595[/automerge]
I think you pick the best 17 and depending on how they show up, that may be one of the old guard like Kahu and I'm OK with that. We just don't want to be in the position we were this year, playing people out of form and out of position due to a lack of depth.
Our forwards look good. Our backs are a work in progress but at least there is the thing that they can hardly play worse, so its all up from here.
Our backs are actually okay really.
Bird, Staggs, Oates, Isaako, Kahu, Arthurs, Perese, Shibasaki, Coates, Farnsworth are all centre/wing options. Halves, Milford, Croft, Dearden (SOS when back) are all solid halves options. Macca and Turpin in the hooker. Our depth is actually quite good across the park to be fair.

Last edited:

He won't miss much of the season then. Might come in handy when Oates is out on Origin duty.

Both the exiting and also the scary thing about this side is that few players are so confident of their position to be certainties for round 1 selection.
I would say almost every back will have a fight for his spot and even a few of the forwards.
The likes of Haas and lodge can probably be considered secure but there's no one else in my books that can claim it (I would have said fiffita too but for his indiscretion).

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.