10 Payne Haas
11 Alex Glenn
12 Jordan Riki
13 Patrick Carrigan

14 Andrew McCullough
15 Tevita Pangai
16 Thomas Flegler
17 Corey Oates

Tesi could play centre or 1 but I'd like to see Jamayne at least start the year at 1 and Herbie is guaranteed to start there with Staggs injury.
TPJ hopefully in the middle rotation would have him at 8 but feel he adds way more impact than Lodge off the bench.
McCullough will be there can play 9 or 13 and can shift Turps into the halves if injury occurs.
I don't want Joe O anywhere near our 17 even if Aloiai can't get a release from Wests which is the hold up of his situation.

Judging by the way Walter's is talking about the 6 again rule, the way he is talking up pangai, and the rumours surrounding lodge and ofa and rumoured signing of asiata I get the feeling Walters is going to go for a completely different looking forward pack.
I'm guessing he's going to look at speed and variety in the middle, and I would not be surprised if he has a defensive focus on the edge.
I would not be against totally carrigan in the 2nd row. If he can bring in his defensive ability to an edge it'd be a MASSIVE bonus. A middle 3 of Haas, pangai and asiata would provide a shit load of variety and 2nd phase/ball playing to tire out the opposition and look for 6 agains.

Judging by the way Walter's is talking about the 6 again rule, the way he is talking up pangai, and the rumours surrounding lodge and ofa and rumoured signing of asiata I get the feeling Walters is going to go for a completely different looking forward pack.
I'm guessing he's going to look at speed and variety in the middle, and I would not be surprised if he has a defensive focus on the edge.
I would not be against totally carrigan in the 2nd row. If he can bring in his defensive ability to an edge it'd be a MASSIVE bonus. A middle 3 of Haas, pangai and asiata would provide a shit load of variety and 2nd phase/ball playing to tire out the opposition and look for 6 agains.
I agree. I wanted them to put carrigan in the second row last year. We are seriously weak in second rowers from a defensive point of view. We have all explosive power in our forward pack and we need some mobile defenders to balance it out. I don't know if any of these young kids in the second row have this ability but two good defensive second rowers would make a bug difference. TPJ should stay in the middle.

RIP Kev when VLandy ditches the 6 again rule mid season, and makes a rule that conversions will be replaced with arm wrestling.

Apparently Widdop is interested in coming back to the nrl.
We should make a play for him but I suppose the usual ‘we don’t have enough room in our salary cap’ excuse will be used.
With the list we’ve got that would indicate what a mess it is still in.

Apparently Widdop is interested in coming back to the nrl.
We should make a play for him but I suppose the usual ‘we don’t have enough room in our salary cap’ excuse will be used.
With the list we’ve got that would indicate what a mess it is still in.
Too old. Pass

RIP Kev when VLandy ditches the 6 again rule mid season, and makes a rule that conversions will be replaced with arm wrestling.
Without Isaako our converting is shithouse anyway so that might well suit us.

Too old. Pass
He's 31 and a quality and experienced player. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't still have 2 good seasons left in him at least.

Plus you get leadership, professionalism and goal kicking which we are all in absolute dire need of and two of those things you can't really get out of younger players.

Last edited:
He's 31 and a quality and experienced player. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't still have 2 good seasons left in him.
32 next year. Too old and injury prone. I'd rather stick to Albert Kelly/Milford for next year.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • porouian
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.