BRONCOS 2021 SQUAD

32 next year. Too old and injury prone. I'd rather stick to Albert Kelly/Milford for next year.
I understand how age works. That would make him 33 by the time a two year deal was complete. That is hardly too old to cut it in the NRL, especially for a Half.

I understand how age works. That would make him 33 by the time a two year deal was complete. That is hardly too old to cut it in the NRL, especially for a Half.
Well it's basic maths so you'd hope so.

I disagree, I think he's too old, too injury prone and will be too expensive, so it's a hard pass from me. Lucky I don't have to worry about it since it's not going to happen.

I'd much rather we put our 2022 money towards someone useful to our longer term.

Well it's basic maths so you'd hope so.

I disagree, I think he's too old, too injury prone and will be too expensive, so it's a hard pass from me. Lucky I don't have to worry about it since it's not going to happen.

I'd much rather we put our 2022 money towards someone useful to our longer term.
Not sure his age in isolation is a huge problem, but when you consider his repeated shoulder injuries it certainly combines to cause significant risk.

Somehow he’s managed to stay fit / healthy over in the UK, but the poor bloke couldn’t fart without dislocating his shoulder toward the end of his NRL stint.

Add to that he’d want a pretty fat pay-packet; for mine, all things considered there are too many risks that fail to outweigh the possible rewards.

I thought someone said his missus and kids have moved back to Australia and so he wants to follow them. If that’s true he might have to take a pay cut.

Not sure his age in isolation is a huge problem, but when you consider his repeated shoulder injuries it certainly combines to cause significant risk.

Somehow he’s managed to stay fit / healthy over in the UK, but the poor bloke couldn’t fart without dislocating his shoulder toward the end of his NRL stint.

Add to that he’d want a pretty fat pay-packet; for mine, all things considered there are too many risks that fail to outweigh the possible rewards.
FWIW, I actually think he's an absolute gun of a player, and if I had any confidence in his ability to not be injured, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd solve out fullback problem if he's still fit enough. If he'd be willing to take 800k / 2 years, I'd want him, but I think he's more like a 700k player which is a hard pass. But 32, injury history, big money, I'd rather put that cash elsewhere.

FWIW, I actually think he's an absolute gun of a player, and if I had any confidence in his ability to not be injured, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd solve out fullback problem if he's still fit enough. If he'd be willing to take 800k / 2 years, I'd want him, but I think he's more like a 700k player which is a hard pass. But 32, injury history, big money, I'd rather put that cash elsewhere.
Im not saying i would go for him but i see the appeal. A two year contract would provide walsh a further two years to develop in isc and he would also be able provide dearden with advice as to how to become a game managing half.

Does anyone give Keenan Palasia a chance of been a suprise inclusion in the top 17? He's been cruelled with injury but he's 6ft4, 110kg and 23 year's old so should be approaching his prime. I havent seen much of him but I'd love him to have a good pre season and give the starting 17 a crack.

Does anyone give Keenan Palasia a chance of been a suprise inclusion in the top 17? He's been cruelled with injury but he's 6ft4, 110kg and 23 year's old so should be approaching his prime. I havent seen much of him but I'd love him to have a good pre season and give the starting 17 a crack.

It would be great to have competition for spots instead of oh my gosh, let's just throw in another hack who is slightly less hacky than the previous hack.

Apparently Widdop is interested in coming back to the nrl.
We should make a play for him but I suppose the usual ‘we don’t have enough room in our salary cap’ excuse will be used.
With the list we’ve got that would indicate what a mess it is still in.

Corey Allan should be our first target.

If ever there was a team for a couple of unfancied players to put their hands up, 2021 is definitely it. Palasia had a few stand out performances for the Gulls in 2019 and certainly deserved a train and trial deal. However, I'm not expecting too much from him especially coming off a knee reco. I would have loved to have seen what he was capable of after a full pre-season, but as it stands he's a very loose player who can fall to pieces if he doesn't receive enough support. I couldn't figure out why he was signed to an NRL deal especially before the pre-season had even begun. Having him and Hopoate both on NRL deals did nothing to make me feel confident about the Broncos chances.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.