Broncos and Agent at War

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
A WAR of words between the Broncos and a player agent over an alleged third-party agreement involving prop Dave Taylor could lead to a salary cap investigation.

The Sunday Mail has learned Col Davis, the manager of Brisbane prop Dave Taylor, is seeking $40,000 from the club on behalf of his client as part of a TPA allegedly discussed with Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen during contract negotiations.

Davis claims the Broncos have until October 31 – the day Taylor's one-year contract with Brisbane expires – to pay the outstanding amount.

Davis said the dispute was a contributing factor in Taylor's decision to quit the club and join Souths next season.

But Cullen has hit back, insisting no such agreement exists.

He also slammed suggestions the alleged agreement could represent an undisclosed, under-the-table payment aimed at circumventing the NRL salary cap.

"Ask Col Davis for a copy of the TPA. That would be a good way to prove if one is in place," Cullen said.

In response, Davis said: "I was told (by Cullen) we could strike a third-party deal. The issue arose when I started to ask questions about what we needed to do to get the money due under the third-party agreement."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

If this third party agreement actually exists then i have 2 questions.

1) Why hasn't Taylors manager produced the agreement
2) wouldn't payment of the money due under the agreement be the responsibility of the sponsor and not the Broncos.

also after what has happened in recent years managers would be stupid to think 3rd party money is a guarantee. especially given then Gasnier and Wing have supposedly left their clubs and the game due to non payment of their own 3rd party agreements

What is it with the managers asking about money some players aren't entitled too.

The Broncos don't need this shit, hurry up and **** off fat shit Taylor.

Kaz said:
What is it with the managers asking about money some players aren't entitled too.

When you get paid a percentage of your clients earnings as a manager you have a vested interest = greed

this sounds like a craig wing saga all over again.

Davis said the dispute was a contributing factor in Taylor's decision to quit the club and join Souths next season.

I would have thought the amount of money Souths were prepared to pay for him factor & the fact they offered him a starting spot was the reasons he is leaving.

sydney_bronco09 said:
this sounds like a craig wing saga all over again.

The 3rd party in the Craig Wing saga said Wing had to turn up 4 hours a week & failed to do so.

Foordy said:
especially given then Gasnier and Wing have supposedly left their clubs and the game due to non payment of their own 3rd party agreements
Wing left because he's basically broke. He didn't get his 100k for one third-party sponsor because he didn't live up to his end of the deal, which was working in their office for 4 hours a week. He didn't go in once.

Anonymous person said:
Foordy said:
especially given then Gasnier and Wing have supposedly left their clubs and the game due to non payment of their own 3rd party agreements
Wing left because he's basically broke. He didn't get his 100k for one third-party sponsor because he didn't live up to his end of the deal, which was working in their office for 4 hours a week. He didn't go in once.

i didn't realize that

I have a novel idea. Instead of players insisting on having complicated third party arrangements in their deals to squeeze out an extra 10%, how about sacking your no good, money hungry, selfish, greedy scumbag managers? That's 10% more in your pocket right there.

Coxy said:
I have a novel idea. Instead of players insisting on having complicated third party arrangements in their deals to squeeze out an extra 10%, how about sacking your no good, money hungry, selfish, greedy scumbag managers? That's 10% more in your pocket right there.

X1

Yeh - though I guess players want managers these days more than ever so they can just sit on their ass and pick and choose which deals they want... ><

Foordy said:
Coxy said:

X1

X2

Jeba said:
Foordy said:
Coxy said:

X1

X2

x3

broncospwn said:
Jeba said:
Foordy said:
Coxy said:

X1

X2

x3

timez 1283921390218309123

pennywisealfie said:
broncospwn said:
Jeba said:
Foordy said:
Coxy said:

X1

X2

x3

timez 1283921390218309124

Nashy said:
pennywisealfie said:
broncospwn said:
Jeba said:
Foordy said:
[quote="Coxy":313ct7w2]I have a novel idea. Instead of players insisting on having complicated third party arrangements in their deals to squeeze out an extra 10%, how about sacking your no good, money hungry, selfish, greedy scumbag managers? That's 10% more in your pocket right there.

X1

X2

x3

timez 1283921390218309124[/quote:313ct7w2]

timez 1283921390218309125

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • Nerd
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Inside pass
  • Morkel
  • RolledOates
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Browny
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.