OFFICIAL Broncos Appoint Troy Thomson as Football Operations Manager to Replace Joe McDermott

Nope, he's got no leeway, he needs to perform up front.

Define perform.

For mine top 8 is an absolute minimum...but that said, how broken is this group? They can be the most talented bunch of dudes to ever dude but if they're proper broken, what then?

Define perform.

For mine top 8 is an absolute minimum...but that said, how broken is this group? They can be the most talented bunch of dudes to ever dude but if they're proper broken, what then?

Yeah he has to make finals and not just fall into, be competitive.

Top 4 is locked in at Roosters/Panthers/Storm. The rest of the top 8 are shit and we should be the other team in the top 4.

Not making top 4 is pretty much a failure at this point.

Not making the top 8 was an abysmal failure.

Top 4 is locked in at Roosters/Panthers/Storm. The rest of the top 8 are shit and we should be the other team in the top 4.

Top 4 is no guarantee for rorters next year... they're losing a ton of players and Sam Walker will be out for a fair chunk of the year.

You forgot that sharks will be gifted top 4 with their weak as piss draw

I would argue we have a better roster than Roosters and if we don't have injury unluck like this year we should be ahead of them.

Tedescos playing style is not favourable to age, they have lost both Manu, Hargreaves and Keary three very important players and Sualili who didn't have the best season but they are unlikely to match his input with a newbie next year.

outside Reyno all our key players are approaching peak years rather than already being there.

Nope, he's got no leeway, he needs to perform up front.
I would say he gets some leeway. He’s still inheriting an unbalanced roster that is entirely unable to overcome injury and no cap space to fix it. Not making the 8 is a failure, only just making the finals and not competing is a disappointment .

I would say he gets some leeway. He’s still inheriting an unbalanced roster that is entirely unable to overcome injury and no cap space to fix it. Not making the 8 is a failure, only just making the finals and not competing is a disappointment .
It would be unlucky to have both Walsh and Reyno out for the key periods of the year like this year, but if it doesn't happen top 6 should be very achievable position though ideally players like Mam and Haas pick up alot on the disappointment of this year and we should be a comfortable top 4 team, player quality wise it's hard to argue we are not at that level but it also depends on the playing style he wants from the team which might require changes.

I do think we probably need atleast 1 or 2 hard yakka types into the squad to balance it.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.