OFFICIAL Broncos Appoint Troy Thomson as Football Operations Manager to Replace Joe McDermott

Nope, he's got no leeway, he needs to perform up front.

Define perform.

For mine top 8 is an absolute minimum...but that said, how broken is this group? They can be the most talented bunch of dudes to ever dude but if they're proper broken, what then?

Top 4 is locked in at Roosters/Panthers/Storm. The rest of the top 8 are shit and we should be the other team in the top 4.

Not making top 4 is pretty much a failure at this point.

Not making the top 8 was an abysmal failure.

Top 4 is locked in at Roosters/Panthers/Storm. The rest of the top 8 are shit and we should be the other team in the top 4.

Top 4 is no guarantee for rorters next year... they're losing a ton of players and Sam Walker will be out for a fair chunk of the year.

You forgot that sharks will be gifted top 4 with their weak as piss draw

I would argue we have a better roster than Roosters and if we don't have injury unluck like this year we should be ahead of them.

Tedescos playing style is not favourable to age, they have lost both Manu, Hargreaves and Keary three very important players and Sualili who didn't have the best season but they are unlikely to match his input with a newbie next year.

outside Reyno all our key players are approaching peak years rather than already being there.

Nope, he's got no leeway, he needs to perform up front.
I would say he gets some leeway. He’s still inheriting an unbalanced roster that is entirely unable to overcome injury and no cap space to fix it. Not making the 8 is a failure, only just making the finals and not competing is a disappointment .

I would say he gets some leeway. He’s still inheriting an unbalanced roster that is entirely unable to overcome injury and no cap space to fix it. Not making the 8 is a failure, only just making the finals and not competing is a disappointment .
It would be unlucky to have both Walsh and Reyno out for the key periods of the year like this year, but if it doesn't happen top 6 should be very achievable position though ideally players like Mam and Haas pick up alot on the disappointment of this year and we should be a comfortable top 4 team, player quality wise it's hard to argue we are not at that level but it also depends on the playing style he wants from the team which might require changes.

I do think we probably need atleast 1 or 2 hard yakka types into the squad to balance it.

We got him in because the view was Kevvie underachieved with the roster, the board didn’t factor in injuries clearly so it can’t be used as an excuse for Maguire if it happens then either.

There is no doubt the depth this year sucked by when they did play, they underperformed, Maguire has been bought in to fix it.

The state of the comp is such that you have Melbourne and Penrith and then everyone else. The quality of the comp aside from those two sides is pretty poor. Yes NZ and Cronulla will be gifted soft draws and if this year is anything to go by, so will the Dolphins. We should be competing with these sides for positions 3-6. If we don’t make finals, it is unacceptable. The board has made their view clear, I don’t like a lot of what they do but I do like this.

We were ruthless with Kevvie, it must be the same now with Maguire and which ever coach comes next too. This needs to be the new standard. Finals or bust, you miss them, you’re out..

We got him in because the view was Kevvie underachieved with the roster, the board didn’t factor in injuries clearly so it can’t be used as an excuse for Maguire if it happens then either.

There is no doubt the depth this year sucked by when they did play, they underperformed, Maguire has been bought in to fix it.

The state of the comp is such that you have Melbourne and Penrith and then everyone else. The quality of the comp aside from those two sides is pretty poor. Yes NZ and Cronulla will be gifted soft draws and if this year is anything to go by, so will the Dolphins. We should be competing with these sides for positions 3-6. If we don’t make finals, it is unacceptable. The board has made their view clear, I don’t like a lot of what they do but I do like this.

We were ruthless with Kevvie, it must be the same now with Maguire and which ever coach comes next too. This needs to be the new standard. Finals or bust, you miss them, you’re out..

So a coach comes in, mentally busted squad for whatever reason and he has a season to fix it or else?

Carn mate...

So a coach comes in, mentally busted squad for whatever reason and he has a season to fix it or else?

Carn mate...
I think tbh it might be just because of the fact it's Reynos last year and there will be a shortfall untill we solve 7 afterwards, we have a very good squad and it can't be denied and to sack Kevvie in what happened last year suggests this board wants some results now.

I think if we are on the back end of the top 8 and Walsh and Reyno have had barely any games off this is a fail tbh, Kevvie in that sceniaro would have atleast done that and to sack him suggests we want more would it not?

Atleast from what this board is asking.

I think any rebuild that I see comes from outside our top 13 at this stage, as depth was our main issue this year.

I think tbh it might be just because of the fact it's Reynos last year and there will be a shortfall untill we solve 7 afterwards, we have a very good squad and it can't be denied and to sack Kevvie in what happened last year suggests this board wants some results now.

I think if we are on the back end of the top 8 and Walsh and Reyno have had barely any games off this is a fail tbh, Kevvie in that secniaro would have atleast done that and to sack him suggests we want more would it not?

Atleast from what this board is asking.

See the highlighted.

"Which ever coach comes next too"

See the highlighted.
I agree, we had bad injury luck and missed out so judging by what the board wants regardless of that it's still top 8 regardless, but if Walsh and Reyno play most games next year we should be top 4. I wouldn't sack madge if we where top 6, but if we just scrape into top 8 and have Walsh and Reyno play most games I would say that is worse than what Kevvie done this year tbh.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Maddy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.