OFFICIAL Broncos Appoint Troy Thomson as Football Operations Manager to Replace Joe McDermott

Yep because he had us trending in the right direction by the time he was sacked too.
Out of the options available I would not turn my nose up at Wayne Bennett. If you prefer Kev over Wayne, you’re entitled to that opinion.

Out of the options available I would not turn my nose up at Wayne Bennett. If you prefer Kev over Wayne, you’re entitled to that opinion.

I would prefer anyone in the coaching world over Wayne ... if for nothing else to prevent us having to go through the post Wayne Bennett curse for a third fucking time.

at this post continuing to go back to Bennett is as bad as continually chasing Bellamy knowing that he will only reject us yet again

Guys who apologised for Kev at every opportunity all of a sudden have a zero tolerance policy for coaches.

Might be time to start dusting off the old “agenda” tag

No , no he`s all aboard the good ship Maguire .
He made a statement that once Madge signed on , he was all in on backing him . I would like to believe he is a man of his word . Although he has me questioning his lotalty recently .

We got him in because the view was Kevvie underachieved with the roster, the board didn’t factor in injuries clearly
There was more to it than that. Other things noticed were slipping standards and how poor we played even when we had close to our full-strength team on the field.

I agree, we had bad injury luck and missed out so judging by what the board wants regardless of that it's still top 8 regardless, but if Walsh and Reyno play most games next year we should be top 4. I wouldn't sack madge if we where top 6, but if we just scrape into top 8 and have Walsh and Reyno play most games I would say that is worse than what Kevvie done this year tbh.
Making top 8 is worse than 12th?

Interesting take there…

How long has Adam walsh been our welfare and education officer or involved with the players well being?

I get he seems well liked by the players and appears to be very nice and popular but our off field behaviour cannot be ignored anymore. Surely his position is under pressure if he has remained a common denominator throughout the last few years???

How long has Adam walsh been our welfare and education officer or involved with the players well being?

I get he seems well liked by the players and appears to be very nice and popular but our off field behaviour cannot be ignored anymore. Surely his position is under pressure if he has remained a common denominator throughout the last few years???

Hard to believe he is still there.

And to think he's former army and can't control them

It seems the club needs a cleanout from top to bottom. Very few should be safe in the entire structure. I do hope that was part of the end-of-season review and there are things moving in that space as well.

Sacking Kev should have just been the start. This club really needs to aim fucking higher or else the Phins will be the premier Brisbane team in 5 years.

It wasn't a lack of education that led to Mam's Friday night. They have the life educated out of them.

They're on holidays, what could Walsh have done to stop Mam getting in that car?

It wasn't a lack of education that led to Mam's Friday night. They have the life educated out of them.

They're on holidays, what could Walsh have done to stop Mam getting in that car?
I tend to agree with this. Unless they are with a babysitter 24/7, there is just no predicting the decision a player may make which ends up in a situation we have seen with Mam/Latrell/JAC etc.

These are grown man. Somewhat immature, yes? But they can't have their hands held constantly. They have to take ownership of their daily lives and destiny. These welfare officers can only do so much to hammer into the players thick heads the difference between right and wrong and to think before doing something stupid.

Look at some of your other players, such as Madden, Billy Walters, Arthurs, Jensen etc. Not flashy players, but they seem to have their heads screwed on the right way. Low maintenance, cleanskins. Blokes like Ezra, Latrell just need to grow the hell up and realise the opprtunity they have in life is one very few others get to experience. Shape up or ship out. Or else the club and those players doing the right thing are continually getting dragged down by a one or two selfish, self entitled dickheads.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Redfern_1980
  • johnyE
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mitchell_Broncos
  • TimWhatley
  • Rah88
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.