OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Can I please have a Krispy Kreme?
I tried them for the first time this year when I visited Brisbane. They are nice. Because my mum and I went to the Broncos vs Tigers Match.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I tried them for the first time this year when I visited Brisbane. They are nice. Because my mum and I went to the Broncos vs Tigers Match.
Funnily enough the first time I had a Krispy Kreme was on my first trip to Brisbane. This December thing is weird 😂

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Funnily enough the first time I had a Krispy Kreme was on my first trip to Brisbane. This December thing is weird 😂
😂😂😂 December is the best month well excluding Christmas Day because in 2021 my 17 year old cat passed away 😢 unfortunately I have a girl cat and she is a supporter of the Brisbane Broncos that is Rosie sleeping on my 2017 Broncos jersey

Attachments

• 64028bba-fae3-4eac-b159-b356a1b635bfphoto.jpeg
    64028bba-fae3-4eac-b159-b356a1b635bfphoto.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 49
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Tbh .. would be interesting to know how many BHQ parents had their children born in December. 😄
I've got 5 kids but not a single one followed me into December... Though one is 22/11 and two more are in January so we tried, what can I say, must only be the cool kids...

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
4/2 for me - three kids and no December. March, May and October.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Saw this on Twitter. Which team would win? @Sproj this seems like a thing for you lol

View attachment 23510

Right, here you go:
1. Walsh (2015 Boyd was a seriously good player but while he had the fantastic playmaking and was extremely solid, Walsh is Slater, obvious win to 2023)
2. Oates 2015 (Look Oatesy may not even make it this year with so many injuries, I'd seriously be going Mariner here)
3. Staggs (Man this is a really hard one - 2015 Reed was an absolute gun but Staggs is the best centre in the comp right now, he is absolutely on fire)
4. Hodges (Its Hodges and while he was being held together by sticky tape at that point, he was one of the most gifted centres to ever play the game and this may well just be my nostalgia speaking because Herbie is a gun)
5. Cobbo (Lets be honest, we all forgot Kahu was there in 2015 and while he was solid, he didn't even half the weapons Cobbo does)
6. Milford (Look, this will be controversial and Mam has been phenomenal but I am trying to be objective here and 2015 Milford was electric and he was the best player in the field in the Gf, comfortably and yes, I know this is so hard to believe when looking at what happened to this lazy idiot)
7. Reynolds (Hunt was amazing, he really was but you just cannot look past those GF brain explosions, Reynolds is so calm, composed and is the conductor that makes the orchestra sound so beautiful, he has unlocked the team)
8. Thaiday (Flegler has kind of stagnated somewhat and while Thaiday was well past his best at this point, he still had the ability to have a cracker at that point)
9. Walters (Macca was an excellent clubman but he was limited, very limited and that showed through when he refused to pass to an unmarked Parker who was in under the posts in the GF)
10. Haas (He is a generational talent, seriously and to be fair, I HATED the Blair signing but in 2015, as a prop of all positions, Blair was excellent but he wasn't a patch on Haas)
11. Capewell (Glenn was an extremely solid player in 2015 but Capewell looks to be fit again and he is a weapon in his own right)
12. Gillett (Gillett was one of the best backrowers we've had and Riki may well go down that way too but he isn't even close to what Gillett was doing back then)
13. Can't split it (I genuinely can't and honestly, post-career commentary Parker is awful but as a player at the 2015 point, he was Australian lock and rightly so, he was phenomenal and very much like current Carrigan)

14. Wallace (I love Piaks but he is young and while looking amazing, Wallace stepped up massively in the GF, he was excellent and is still a really good forward in his own right)
15. Hetherington (Actually, these guys are actually pretty comparable because Dodds also hit like a sledge hammer and was in a purple patch in 2015 but Hetherington looks amazing and is the type of no nonsense every premiership winner needs)
16. Taupau (Joffa was really good but at this point in his career, he was a baby and it is an interesting head to head because Taupau is basically the opposite as he is past his best but brings experience to a very exciting young side but that said, I am also not even sure he makes it back in here)
17. Nikorima (Smoothy is solid but Nikorima was at his best as a bench utility and he was a bit of an x factor in 2015)

So 10-8 (one split) to 2023.

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Well Anthony Milford was in fine form in 2015 then he became rubbish

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Right, here you go:
1. Walsh (2015 Boyd was a seriously good player but while he had the fantastic playmaking and was extremely solid, Walsh is Slater, obvious win to 2023)
2. Oates 2015 (Look Oatesy may not even make it this year with so many injuries, I'd seriously be going Mariner here)
3. Staggs (Man this is a really hard one - 2015 Reed was an absolute gun but Staggs is the best centre in the comp right now, he is absolutely on fire)
4. Hodges (Its Hodges and while he was being held together by sticky tape at that point, he was one of the most gifted centres to ever play the game and this may well just be my nostalgia speaking because Herbie is a gun)
5. Cobbo (Lets be honest, we all forgot Kahu was there in 2015 and while he was solid, he didn't even half the weapons Cobbo does)
6. Milford (Look, this will be controversial and Mam has been phenomenal but I am trying to be objective here and 2015 Milford was electric and he was the best player in the field in the Gf, comfortably and yes, I know this is so hard to believe when looking at what happened to this lazy idiot)
7. Reynolds (Hunt was amazing, he really was but you just cannot look past those GF brain explosions, Reynolds is so calm, composed and is the conductor that makes the orchestra sound so beautiful, he has unlocked the team)
8. Thaiday (Flegler has kind of stagnated somewhat and while Thaiday was well past his best at this point, he still had the ability to have a cracker at that point)
9. Walters (Macca was an excellent clubman but he was limited, very limited and that showed through when he refused to pass to an unmarked Parker who was in under the posts in the GF)
10. Haas (He is a generational talent, seriously and to be fair, I HATED the Blair signing but in 2015, as a prop of all positions, Blair was excellent but he wasn't a patch on Haas)
11. Capewell (Glenn was an extremely solid player in 2015 but Capewell looks to be fit again and he is a weapon in his own right)
12. Gillett (Gillett was one of the best backrowers we've had and Riki may well go down that way too but he isn't even close to what Gillett was doing back then)
13. Can't split it (I genuinely can't and honestly, post-career commentary Parker is awful but as a player at the 2015 point, he was Australian lock and rightly so, he was phenomenal and very much like current Carrigan)

14. Wallace (I love Piaks but he is young and while looking amazing, Wallace stepped up massively in the GF, he was excellent and is still a really good forward in his own right)
15. Hetherington (Actually, these guys are actually pretty comparable because Dodds also hit like a sledge hammer and was in a purple patch in 2015 but Hetherington looks amazing and is the type of no nonsense every premiership winner needs)
16. Taupau (Joffa was really good but at this point in his career, he was a baby and it is an interesting head to head because Taupau is basically the opposite as he is past his best but brings experience to a very exciting young side but that said, I am also not even sure he makes it back in here)
17. Nikorima (Smoothy is solid but Nikorima was at his best as a bench utility and he was a bit of an x factor in 2015)

So 10-8 (one split) to 2023.

Great analysis (I wouldn't pick any different)! 2023 beats 2015 by 2 points... that sounds like an omen to me (given our previous gf margin).

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
It's funny during our wooden spoon season everyone on here was CONSTANTLY at each other's throats, arguing, bickering and tense.

Now we're flying high and the last 4 pages of this thread has been sharing birthdates and cat photos.

If that sort of difference is so clear even for the fans of this team, imagine how good it must be for the players to finally be winning.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
PSA: a whole bunch of diamond seats in the middle have become available for the GF

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's funny during our wooden spoon season everyone on here was CONSTANTLY at each other's throats, arguing, bickering and tense.

Now we're flying high and the last 4 pages of this thread has been sharing birthdates and cat photos.

If that sort of difference is so clear even for the fans of this team, imagine how good it must be for the players to finally be winning.
Nothing unites a fan base like going from dead last to premiership contenders.

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Nothing unites a fan base like going from dead last to premiership contenders.
Cough at least we never won back to back spoons like my Mum's pissy Tigers. I mean I have read people's predictions about us this year one said we would be 7th while another one said we will be 11th

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.