Broncos Auckland 9s team selection. .

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Too soon? Who would you like to see sent this year?

Milford
Barba
Copley
Reed
Vidot
Thaidai
K Nikorima
Oates
Glenn
Garbutt
Hala
Keneddy
Kahu

Considering Broncos are playing in England, we should send our reserves to the 9's.

Considering Broncos are playing in England, we should send our reserves to the 9's.

We can't there is a rule stating that we have to send a number of our best players ... not sure what the number is though.

We can't there is a rule stating that we have to send a number of our best players ... not sure what the number is though.

1 of our 5 highest paid players and 12 of the top 25.

So we send Kennedy, a bunch of reserves, our bench, Reed, Hoffman, Maranta, Eden.

It's 16 players in a team, right?

This means our most important players do not have an increased workload in the pre-season.

Last edited:
I think it will be an interesting choice, because IMO if we sent close to our best team we would win it

See, I sort of went for players who would be the best for the format but also were the least at risk of anything bad happening to them, or players who need trialing.

Garbutt, kennedy, Milford, Barba and vidot all need to trial under Bennet I feel.

Back rowers with quick play the ball and hit hard/are agile with a couple big boppers.

Hala would be great in this format. . No real pressure to perform next year on his back, give him a run.

Put barba out there as our main play maker and let he and tony switch if need be for trial purposes. (Milford is the only payer I think might miss out because he's such hot property) but the more he starts to combine with our other back line players the better.

Vidot could play as a back rower or winger at the nines and would give him more space to grow in confidence as a back line player. . He needs to develop an inglis fend!

Glenn will be there. Guarantee it.

Oates would be great too but dunno if they'd send him either.

Kahu deserves more of a run so send him.. so that might mean no reed. But I would imagine reed needing to form a good combination with whoever plays on his wing under bennett.

I'm banking in no Hoffman or boyd next year by the way..

I'm fine with sending our younger players over there, but there's not a chance in hell I'd risk our senior players.

Milford
M.Barba
Copley
Vidot
B.Barba
K.Nikorima
Oates
Kennedy
J.Wallace

Taylor
Maranta
Kahu
Drew
Hala
Garbutt
Molo

Jaydon Nikorima would have to be there too

Bennett wont send all of our marquee players like Griffen did this year. He got burnt with Mullen this year
With the world club challenge on top, send our fringe players plus kennedy or barba. Give the 20s players their opportunity to showcase their talents. We have our eye on bigger things next year not just a 9s trophy

Do they have to go? Surely there is more focus on training after barely making the finals.

Do they have to go?

Haha, don't forget the All Stars game is back next year.

Jan 31st-Feb 1st - Auckland Nines
Feb 7th/14th/21st - Trials
Feb 14th - Indigenous All Stars
Feb 20th-22nd - World Club Challenge
Mar 5th - NRL Round 1

They should skip everything bar the WCC and go on a boot camp instead.

Last edited:
Ashley Taylor
Greg Eden
Josh McGuire
Francis Molo
Corey Oates
Anthony Milford
Ben Barba
Dale Copley
Daniel vidot
Matt Gillet
Jordan Kahu
Marmin Barba
Alex Glenn
Sam Thaiday
Josh Hoffman
Kodi Nikorima

Maybe Mitch Garbutt in for Sam Thaiday. Resting most key players, Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Corey Parker, Justin Hodges and Reed needs recovery for his shoulder. Would be keen to see how Taylor, Molo and M Barba go. I think we would be competitive with that squad!

Damn, that is really disappointing.

He's still at the Broncos for next year unless he's released, he's been at three NRL clubs now and hasn't got a crack- might be time to try something else.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • john1420
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.