OPINION Broncos Backrower Bench hole

Problems here:
- Crichton is expensive and the chickens won’t let him go
- Hess is a middle but also out with an ACL
- Su’A would love to come back I’m sure but no way the Dragons would let him
- Haas is starting for the Titans, we probably missed the boat on that in the preseason

All roads point to TPJ

You are going to be devastated when we opt against signing TPJ ... Which we could do right now BTW (the contract would just need to start in round 17 to make the money work)

Id ring the sharks and enquire about Billy Burns. Perfect fit for a bench backrower who can easily fill in at the centres if needed and isn't going to break the bank either.
Forgot to put him in my list but I did think about him. Lucas, Klese, and Burns would be my 3 and failing that we at least then have to just settle on Patston.

Then another penalty and Penrith score again in the corner ...
People forget TPJ gave away a lot of penalties and was on 1st name terms with the judicary panel . That and his not chasing in defence equals points for the opposition.

sarcasm....we all know he was a penalty magnet 😆

if you are asking him to do a middle role that would be simple, but edge these days is alot more sophisticated, that and centre are very hard positions defensively due to the liability(the half) in between them that gets constantly targeted by nearly all set plays.
Middle in D edge in attack imo

In terms of getting a second rower here that can play a sort of Capewell role.

Josh Patston
Kane Bradley
Dylan Lucas (PLEASE)
Jed Cartwright
Brodie Jones
Jack Howarth (loan)
Klese Haas
Michael Chee-Kam
Luke Garner
Tyrone Peachey (more just genuine utility)

Sign one of them and you beauty. Potentially even one of them Patston and a middle forward (e.g. Tevita).

Should never of let Capes go. Would love to snag Dylan Lucas though that would be the ideal move in terms of premiership quality second rower-centre bench option. Wouldn’t find it fun but he could most definitely play 15-20 minutes through the middle of a middle went down and he’d need to join the rotation. Frizell & KPP are the SR there and Cartwright has the bench at the minute with Brodie playing 18th man so he has fallen to 5th second rower option. The likes of Jenkins and Enari Tuala would probably play centre over him in his current physical shape so an exit might be something he fancies if it’s a bench spot at the broncos.

Immediately the second row position looks like:
11. Riki
12. piakura
17. Lucas
Alternatives
Patston (sign him up)
Hunt (repurpose predominantly as a middle though)
Baker
Willison

Sick It'S Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Out of the box, but if they are not looking at getting a legit second rower in. I think hoeter could be a decent option at 17.

He covers outside back injuries, but is solid enough (the guy is built) to cover second row and runs a good line. He also has good lateral movement and is an experienced edge defender so I think he would adapt well defensively to second row if required during a game.

We could do worse.

If piakura/riki were injured/suspended I would not have him as a starter though. I think in that case you need a legit second rower to start and currently it would fall to hunt or patston.

In terms of getting a second rower here that can play a sort of Capewell role.
**** me dead. Having to go to market to replicate a player we already had under contract.

**** me dead. Having to go to market to replicate a player we already had under contract.

The player you are thinking of no longer resides in Kurt Capewell`s body .
I was watching the last 15 of the GF the other day . Guess who got run over by Nathan Cleary leading to a try under the posts ? I watched the Wahs the other week . Guess who was missing tackles again?

If you want a player who can do the Capewell role your essentially asking for Jack Bird lmao.

Another try from Patston today. That's 2 from 3 games this season, plus 1 in the trials and some deft assists.

I was watching the last 15 of the GF the other day . Guess who got run over by Nathan Cleary leading to a try under the posts ? I watched the Wahs the other week . Guess who was missing tackles again?
He was so bad in the gf.

I knew he was done last year before the GF shone the spotlight on it

Throughout the year he showed up for some key plays in attack but his defence was atrocious and it cost us.

I knew he was done last year before the GF shone the spotlight on it

Throughout the year he showed up for some key plays in attack but his defence was atrocious and it cost us.

Yep .

Active Now

• Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.