OPINION Broncos Backrower Bench hole

Surely the club is speaking to other teams about loan players or picking up a contract on a fringe player for this role. They should have been onto this from the day they released Capewell as it was a glaring hole in the roster.
I would take Howarth in a heartbeat on loan if Storm aren't gonna play him. However, reservations about signing him long term on full-freight.
TBH though someone with a few more games under the belt would be preferable.

Surely the club is speaking to other teams about loan players or picking up a contract on a fringe player for this role. They should have been onto this from the day they released Capewell as it was a glaring hole in the roster.
I would take Howarth in a heartbeat on loan if Storm aren't gonna play him. However, reservations about signing him long term on full-freight.

Well yes, Jack Gosiewski wants a release to play for us. Presumably, that's on the back of a conversation. But is he good enough to play for the Broncos? We don't want just anyone.

Yep... have been thinking that if warriors wanted Capewell early then we should've asked about a loan for a backrower to fill his place.

No idea who they have sitting there that they would be willing to part with, but we've murdered our second row depth, which was already non-existent and it's cost us games already.

Capewell sitting on the bench in Round 1 & 3 helps with the injuries that happened... and I'd be feeling more confident seeing Capewell in the starting side over the next month whilst Piakura is injured.

If you want a player who can do the Capewell role your essentially asking for Jack Bird lmao.

Its a shame for him that injuries have really halted his career. He really was a very good footballer at the Sharks, then he got that sternum injury and it all went downhill from there.

How we ended up with no second row depth is a bit beyond me. The price you have to pay when half your team wants over 800k a season I guess.

Flegler, Palasia, Hoskings all reached peaks beyond what we expected so who knows what else Kev can pull out of his ass.

Gosiewski can do a job. He's probably not a top 17 player but is he better than Hunt? Maybe we see tonight.
I would still prefer someone who can also play a role in centres. Hosking was a gun but probably sees himself starting long term at Canberra.
If Oates can handle short stints in the middle and 2nd row then the solution with him as a bench option and Kotoni slotting to 2nd row for longer periods may work as well. I think Oates can have an impact.

Kotoni slotting to 2nd row for longer periods may work as well. I think Oates can have an impact.
You know your roster management is up the shit when you're seriously advocating bandaiding your current Kangaroo centre over a hole in the forwards.

What did our backline end up being last week after Walsh went off? I can’t remember who went where except Cobbo

What did our backline end up being last week after Walsh went off? I can’t remember who went where except Cobbo
1st half:
1. Cobbo
2. Arthars
3. Piakura (left)
4. Staggs
5. Mariner
12. Baker (left)

2nd half:
1. Cobbo
2. Arthars
3. Staggs (left)
4. Riki
5. Mariner
11. Baker (right)
12. Piakura (left)

That’s a lot of not ideal change and that’s the only reason I like Oates at 17.

1st half:
1. Cobbo
2. Arthars
3. Piakura (left)
4. Staggs
5. Mariner
12. Baker (left)

2nd half:
1. Cobbo
2. Arthars
3. Staggs (left)
4. Riki
5. Mariner
11. Baker (right)
12. Piakura (left)

Yeah geez. No wonder i didn’t remember it..

1st half:
1. Cobbo
2. Arthars
3. Piakura (left)
4. Staggs
5. Mariner
12. Baker (left)

2nd half:
1. Cobbo
2. Arthars
3. Staggs (left)
4. Riki
5. Mariner
11. Baker (right)
12. Piakura (left)

Willison took the right edge later in the second Half too.

If we can hold on to the kids and eventually end up with a forward pack like this (introducing as they are ready) in the next couple of years, look out!

8. Willison
9. Mozer
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Hetherington
16. Te Kura

That is going to terrorise every team in the comp. All big ifs and unknowns but if it comes together and we can on to most / all of them, we aren’t getting beaten in the forwards in the next decade.

If we can hold on to the kids and eventually end up with a forward pack like this (introducing as they are ready) in the next couple of years, look out!

8. Willison
9. Mozer
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Hetherington
16. Te Kura

That is going to terrorise every team in the comp. All big ifs and unknowns but if it comes together and we can on to most / all of them, we aren’t getting beaten in the forwards in the next decade.
I think once Willison and Te Kura get established in first grade it will be impossible to keep both, that will be the tough decision coming.

If Mozer ends up rep level as well we will probably lose alot more players too.

I think once Willison and Te Kura get established in first grade it will be impossible to keep both, that will be the tough decision coming.

A lot may have to consider whether they want to play in a successful team with their mates, and be more likely to be looked at for rep honours, or whether they take a quick pay day and not reach their potential.

A lot may have to consider whether they want to play in a successful team with their mates, and be more likely to be looked at for rep honours, or whether they take a quick pay day and not reach their potential.
Maybe Reece can share his 3rd parties lmao.

Should just cheat the cap. The storm may have copped a severe punishment for doing it but it gave them a winning aura that set them up for two decades of success (and the nrl will probably eventually give them their stripped titles back anyway).

Should just cheat the cap. The storm may have copped a severe punishment for doing it but it gave them a winning aura that set them up for two decades of success (and the nrl will probably eventually give them their stripped titles back anyway).
best case is sign them long now while we can atleast, I think It's worth the risk from what I see.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.