Broncos close to signing Folau

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
BRISBANE is set to assume outright favouritism in the race for teenager Israel Folau by making an offer within days.

The Australian understands the Broncos will notify Folau's management of their bid soon heightening chances Folau, 18, will return to Brisbane next year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

My god it would be good.

1. Hunt
3. Hodges
4. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Ennis
17. Marsh

*whipes drool from mouth*

2 World class centers :shock:

I have a feeling if Bellamy comes up to Brisbane a few storm players are going to want to follow him up.

For as many Storm players that come up, there could be one leaving from the Broncos with Wayne's departure... although I guess that may not be the case if someone of the calibre of Bellamy is coming here.

Regardless, a centre pairing of Folau and Hodges would be drool-inducing. Mmm.

I just hope we have enough money to ensure we have a decent enough halves partner for Wallace when Lockyer leaves at the end of next year as everyone expects.

Not much point having two world class centres if they don't get decent ball from their halfback and five-eighth.

Coxy said:
I just hope we have enough money to ensure we have a decent enough halves partner for Wallace when Lockyer leaves at the end of next year as everyone expects.

Not much point having two world class centres if they don't get decent ball from their halfback and five-eighth.

Spot on. I still don't think we'll be in the market for a halves partner for Wallace though. At this stage I'm thinking it will be either Ennis, Marsh or Hunt in the halves.

A signing of Folau for the centres could also potentially see the likes of Michaels, Boyd or even Hodges shifted to fullback if whoever our coach is decides to stick Hunt in the halves. Interesting times ahead nonetheless.

Coxy said:

remember though that when that dreaded day comes that Lockyer leaves, the fact that he is leaving will free up around 500K which we can use to buy (if needed) a world class half or five-eighth

[/quote]

remember though that when that dreaded day comes that Lockyer leaves, the fact that he is leaving will free up around 500K which we can use to buy (if needed) a world class half or five-eighth[/quote]

Yeah i toally agree, the money that lockyer is on will allow us to purchase a decent halves partner if required.

Maybe JT!!!

I think the Broncos will be budgeting for the need to upgrade contracts for the likes of Hunt, Parker, Hannant, Taylor etc between now and Lockyer's retirement, so I don't think his entire salary will be available to go shopping.

Thats it Coxy it would be great to get Falou but who are we willing to lose to get him?? IMO the most important thing we can do is keep the good players we have got and if Falou comes to us at a good price take him otherwise wait for another superstar to come through the ranks.

also some of the papers have talked of Cameron Smith's interest in a move to Brisbane, especially if Bellamey is our coach, so with the likes of Ennis and Marsh in our squad already one of them as someone mentioned a little earlier could end up the number 6.

My prediction is that Hunt will shift to 5.8th when Lockyer goes. A bit more experience under his belt would do the trick, and who better to learn off than the maestro himself?

Although worst comes to the worst, we could just bring back Alfie.... :ugeek:

Who's to say this hunt kid wont be ready by then? No one saw Lockyer coming till he burst onto the scene.

remember though that when that dreaded day comes that Lockyer leaves, the fact that he is leaving will free up around 500K which we can use to buy (if needed) a world class half or five-eighth[/quote]

Yeah i toally agree, the money that lockyer is on will allow us to purchase a decent halves partner if required.

Maybe JT!!![/quote]

Sincerely doubt that mate. I think the cowboys have him locked in for a few years yet.

With the talk of Smith coming here too I would say that would take up alot of the money freed up by Lockyer going.

Folau would be a cracking signing.

Don't think it'll happen myself. :|

Bajar said:
My prediction is that Hunt will shift to 5.8th when Lockyer goes. A bit more experience under his belt would do the trick, and who better to learn off than the maestro himself?

Although worst comes to the worst, we could just bring back Alfie.... :ugeek:

Yeah I think Hunt is destined for the 6 or 13 jersey with the size and strength he already has. For me he has to really step up in the next year or two and create through his passes before I am convinced. Until now I have found his passing to be 2nd rate but he obviously isn't a natural sure he has the vision but have found his execution is off quite often.

And like Coxy said, Locky's departure will free up a lot of cash, but it's VERY unlikely that we'll really be in the marketplace for a big name with that money.

Remember the average age of our team is VERY young at the moment. These guys aren't cruising to the end of their careers on three year deals as established players... they're ever improving. Come two years time, I'd dare say that the likes of Thaiday, Hannant and maybe even Taylor could be representative mainstays... as could a few others. They'll be in line for upgrades if we want to keep them around.

Locky and TC now our only guys over the age of 30.

mick! said:
Locky and TC now our only guys over the age of 30.

And the only 2 guys older than me! :shock: I feel old :cry:

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Morepudding
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.