Broncos close to signing Folau

Flutterby said:
Coxy said:
mick! said:
Locky and TC now our only guys over the age of 30.

And the only 2 guys older than me! :shock: I feel old :cry:

Suck it up and deal with it - you're getting old :P

Oh shut up, you're older than both of them! (I think, how old is TC anyway)? :P

Coxy said:
Flutterby said:
Coxy said:
mick! said:

Suck it up and deal with it - you're getting old :P

Oh shut up, you're older than both of them! (I think, how old is TC anyway)? :P

Yeah I think I'm like a month older than TC. But I'm like a fine wine and getting better with age :mrgreen:

Coxy said:
mick! said:

Dude, how do you think "little mick!" feels over here? It wasn't that long ago that, save for the odd schoolboy freak, every bloke that I went to watch on the weekends was older than me.

Now I glance an eye over the Broncos team lists and see all of these KIDS... Hunt, Boyd, Michaels, Kemp (and the other young wingers), Sims, Taylor, Thaiday, Wallace...

They've all still got 30cm of height and 40+kg on me, though :lol:

I know how you feel Mick, doesn't seem that long ago I was only about 6 and started crying upon meeting some of the Broncos players in the late 80's at some function, now I'm 25 and talking about some the new kids coming up through the ranks LOL.

And then there were four. The Rooster have just pulled out of the race just leaving the Broncos, Storm, Titans and Bulldogs.

THE cost of luring Israel Folau away from NRL premier Melbourne Storm for 2009 has reached $1.6 million – but clubs appear to be baulking at the price. Folau's manager Isaac Moses wants his prized asset to become the second-highest paid player in the game and has been asking clubs to fork out more than $500,000 a season over three years to snare him.

But, in a shock move, Sydney Roosters yesterday withdrew from the race for his signature to leave four clubs in the running: Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Bulldogs.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

although if Folau wants to come to the Broncos it will be no where near the 500k a season that his manager wants

Brisbane better not offer him near 500k.. otherwise poor parker,hunt,hodges ect

The Broncos wont pay $500k for him.

The Broncos wont need to pay $500k for him. We have his family, friends etc. We are the team that he supports- all this trims $$$ off his asking price.

Very few centres would be worth $500K - if any club pays that much for him they are stupid especially at this stage of his career. Yeah it's been a fantastic debut season, but who knows what's going to happen in the next couple of years, he could easily suffer 2nd/3rd year syndrome, drop form or even go through a series of major injuries. Just look at what happened when the Bulldogs re-signed Sonny Bill with some astronomical money after his first year or 2 and he has spent more time on the injury bench than on the field ever since - not exactly value for the money. I would be very disappointed if the Broncos paid that kind of money to anyone only a couple of years into their NRL career.

You can be sure the Broncos wouldn't offer Folau more than they'd offer Hodges and Lockyer. Also take with a grain of salt figures that are reported in the press. They are hearing from managers, who are trying to talk big numbers to get big numbers and get clubs to up their offers because they're scared their rival is offering more.

The Broncos don't tend to fall for that kind of thing. They'll make their offer and while they will negotiate, you can be sure they won't get into a bidding war.

No WAY is he worth that sorta dosh. I don't think any player in the league is, when you consider the salary cap is only $4 million.

You'd only want to go close for a REALLY world class half/hooker, not a centre/winger.

so what players in the league are close to the 500k?

i take it Lockyer,Mason and Sonny Bill

draggx said:
so what players in the league are close to the 500k?

i take it Lockyer,Mason and Sonny Bill

And Boyd.

If Folau plays for brisbane next season it is because he wants to be near his family and that he has always wanted to be a Bronco. Money will have little to do with it. He ain't worth anymore than 300k but i doubt the Broncos will pay that much for him. He is 18 ffs

I think he is worth $300K-$350K and pretty confident we will get.

He is worth 200k right now give him 6 rounds of this season to prove he doesn't have 2nd year-itis and I would be prepared to go nearly as high as 400k.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
He is worth 200k right now give him 6 rounds of this season to prove he doesn't have 2nd year-itis and I would be prepared to go nearly as high as 400k.

Yup I agree I think we should wait a few rounds before naming a price.

I said that he is worth $300K-$350K but I would pay a bit over to make sure he signs - $400K max

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Maroon4life
  • mitch222
  • scobie
  • Ozired
  • NSW stables
  • leon.bott
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.