Broncos close to signing Folau

I think it has been agreed that the Bronc's are short 1 outside back, if we can lure Izzy to Brisbane then I think our side would be complete and very tough to roll. I have faith that Bruno will not pay a price that would have our entire side suffer. So here's to you Bruno, best of luck in the bid to get what potentially will be the most damaging outside back of all time to the sunny state of Qld.

The Bulldogs are apparently out of the race for folau... leaving just the Broncos and Storm

MELBOURNE star Israel Folau may have priced himself out of a move to Sydney, with Bulldogs chairman George Peponis saying he wanted too much even for the cashed-up club.

Peponis confirmed the Dogs have made an offer to Folau, but says with the teenage Australia star seeking up to $500,000 to move to Sydney, the Belmore outfit have turned their focus to re-signing their own international centre Willie Tonga.

The Dogs' declining interest in Folau leaves the 18-year-old with Melbourne and Brisbane as his best two options for next year.

“The sort of money being asked for Israel Folau is way out there at this stage, I think we'll concentrate on Willie,†said Peponis.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

I still am not prepared to touch him at anything over 200k until I see him play the first 6 rounds to be sure there is no 2nd year syndrome. Obviously his manager is trying to avoid any chance of his price going down by ironing this out now, would be clever if anyone was brainless enough to pay 500k for a 20 game first grader regardless of how talented they are.

It has been reported that he has been in brisbane this weeke discusisng his future with family.

A decision will be made after Rd 1.

My tip is that family wins in the end and he will be a Bronco.

Honestly, all the talk of 400k plus was stupid by his manager, and exactly what Melbourne wanted.

NO club would want to touch a player with one year under his belt for that sort of coin, meaning he'll likely easily be able to stay in Melbourne, probably on 300k or just under.

I think he really misses his family / church and will head home.

mick! said:
Honestly, all the talk of 400k plus was stupid by his manager, and exactly what Melbourne wanted.

NO club would want to touch a player with one year under his belt for that sort of coin, meaning he'll likely easily be able to stay in Melbourne, probably on 300k or just under.

would we be able to pay 300k for him? cause if we could then he may come back to Brisbane

Guys, Israel HAS signed with Brisbane. You will read about it Tuesday morning's paper. Bruno is denying the contract is signed because of Israel's request that the announcement be delayed until after the Storm's first round game. I have no idea what the contract is worth, but I daresay he wouldn't have come cheaply. Whatever the final price was, I don't think it will be an issue for the fans when he is in full flight down the touchline in a Broncos jersey!

Welcome home Israel!

Dessie said:
Guys, Israel HAS signed with Brisbane. You will read about it Tuesday morning's paper. Bruno is denying the contract is signed because of Israel's request that the announcement be delayed until after the Storm's first round game. I have no idea what the contract is worth, but I daresay he wouldn't have come cheaply. Whatever the final price was, I don't think it will be an issue for the fans when he is in full flight down the touchline in a Broncos jersey!

Welcome home Israel!

I had a feeling because why would he hold off until after Rd 1.

If he was staying at Melb he would just announce it today or before their first game just like Carney.

Dessie said:

Welcome home Israel!

Why should we believe you if you've only made one post, being this one?

Fair play if you are correct though. Which i hope you are. :D

ALH said:
Dessie said:

Welcome home Israel!

If he was staying at Melb he would just announce it today or before their first game just like Carney.

I hope this is the case! Of course, he may have simply not made up his mind yet..

i really really hope we didnt spend all that much on him, if that is the case, than this signing is so awesome. if we signed him for the 1.6mil then i wont be happy.

Dessie said:

Welcome home Israel!
I find that very hard to believe.

I'll file that in the Believe It When I See It file.

draggx said:
so what players in the league are close to the 500k?

i take it Lockyer,Mason and Sonny Bill

Mason?? [icon_ee I hope you mean Perry because Willie wouldn't be worth half that.

if i believe that Folau is coming to the Broncos (and i'm not saying that i do) apart from Carroll who else will we have to lose to pay his contract?

lol I'll make my first comment, But i can almost guarantee you guys that Israel will be in the news Tuesday morning for signing a 3-4 year contract with the broncos on i think 330k pa. Reason being, one - his family. Two - his idol is darren lockyer and wayne bennet is a great coach. Three his favorite teams has always been the broncos. LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST, HE BOUGHT A HOUSE HERE, approx last week for 550k in Brisbane, highly doubt he would buy a house in Brisbane and sign a contract with Melbourne the next week. my tips BRONCOS TO WIN AGAIN IN 09(then again with ivan henjack as interim coach b4 Bellamy comes in 2010 i can't see us winning one in that year.)

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • Midean
  • Jeza23
  • Skathen
  • barker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.