NEWS Broncos deny funding David Fifita’s peace agreement in Bali

You’d imagine they didn’t know until they caught the guy that he’d have that sort of money available. If he was a nobody he gets out a lot cheaper.
Yep. The second news cameras showed up the "peace agreement" quadrupled in value.

If he gets any sanctions from the NRL after that we should all smash them.

If you've ever been on a scooter in Bali you should know all about being scammed

The ****? They bribe anyone they can, the scale of the bribe just changes based on the amount of money you have to shaken out of you. My cousin looks like he has about 5 bucks to his name and that didn't stop him from being shaken down several times by the cops.

I'd say its very important that we aren't found out later to have funded this peace agreement. The NRL will not look kindly on that from a Salary Cap perspective I'm sure.

The ****? They bribe anyone they can, the scale of the bribe just changes based on the amount of money you have to shaken out of you. My cousin looks like he has about 5 bucks to his name and that didn't stop him from being shaken down several times by the cops.
?? I agree with this. I assume you just replied to wrong comment lol

I think he is gonna get a fine. Most likely 25k for being an idiot and putting himself in this position.

I'd say its very important that we aren't found out later to have funded this peace agreement. The NRL will not look kindly on that from a Salary Cap perspective I'm sure.
White was pretty vocal that it was all between Fifita and the officials so you'd have to think it was all above board given the CEO has been very public and vocal about it.

Where is the direction from the team culture and the coaching group and club? Why don't the club suggest or even plan adventure travel to a place with a better reputation and something positive to do? All of the resources spent rescuing young leaderless men who probably aren't rhodes scholars might be directed towards prevention and character building.

Last edited:
Where is the direction from the team culture and the coaching group and club? Why don't the club suggest or even plan adventure travel to a place with a better reputation and something positive to do? All of the resources spent rescuing young leaderless men who probably aren't rhodes scholars might be directed towards prevention and character building.
Just out of interest, does your employer plan and dictate to you what you should do on your annual leave, or on the weekend?

They are all adults, it is up to them to choose where to go and how they act their. Fifita's little experience should be a salient lesson to the others in the club and the NRL to be honest, but no way could a club dictate how a player spends their annual leave.

Just out of interest, does your employer plan and dictate to you what you should do on your annual leave, or on the weekend?

They are all adults, it is up to them to choose where to go and how they act their. Fifita's little experience should be a salient lesson to the others in the club and the NRL to be honest, but no way could a club dictate how a player spends their annual leave.
[/QUOT

Absolutely they can dictate behaviour standards, and should. How they spend it is clearly relevant, we are talking about representing an important brand, where they travel is more problematic.

Last edited:
Can someone please post the CM article? Sounds as though the club have finally tabled Fifita a multi year deal

Last edited:

Active Now

• Stix
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.