Broncos extortion attempt

For what it's worth, triple m tweeted this:
Triple M's @MyMateDobbo on video allegedly showing @brisbanebroncos player doing drugs: 'it looks nothing like the the alleged player'

Well if Dobbo says it looks nothing like the player...

Somebody is pissing themselves laughing at all the attention they have caused. The only thing funnier would be if a news agency paid 70k for a stupid 8 second video they made.

I honestly think this is a load of shit. Nothing adds up.

1. Every phone camera these days is high quality - why would it be grainy?
2. Why would anyone snort off a toilet seat? and if they were why would they not have closed the cubicle?
3. How long does it take to snort some coke? Are they trying to make us believe that this guy walked in, saw the player snorting, got his phone and and managed to record the whole thing in the time it takes to snort some powder?

If one of our players is guilty - send him packing.

If this is a load of shit - find the guys responsible and sue them so hard that they are reduced to offering $2 gobbies to try and survive for the rest of their pathetic lives.

2. Why would anyone snort off a toilet seat? and if they were why would they not have closed the cubicle?
3. How long does it take to snort some coke? Are they trying to make us believe that this guy walked in, saw the player snorting, got his phone and and managed to record the whole thing in the time it takes to snort some powder?

If this is a load of shit - find the guys responsible and sue them so hard that they are reduced to offering $2 gobbies to try and survive for the rest of their pathetic lives.

If it was filmed using snapchat, that could explain the poor quality. The quality of video on snapchat can be quite poor, and if you have an old phone with a shit camera then that's not going to help. Grainy video is common with older phones.

It's possible the guy could have been waiting for it and had his phone ready just in case. Perhaps the person snorting the cocaine has a history of it and the guy that filmed it knew about it, so he had the phone ready.

Last edited:

$2 seems like a raw deal given I wouldn't last that long.

Is it possible that the guy who is trying to sell the video could be sued when it's proven to not be any Broncos player? Also I've noticed on social media there's only two options. It's either a Broncos player is guilty or a Broncos player is guilty and the NRL will sweep it under the rug. I hate rugby league fans.

IF it turns out that this was just bull crap. I'd like the accused player to take the extortionist to court for defamation of character

IF it turns out that this was just bull crap. I'd like the accused player to take the extortionist to court for defamation of character

Could everyone please stop calling it 'extortion'? Unless said fellow is demanding money, property etc from the player / club / NRL in question in exchange for the alleged video, it isn't extortion. Not by law anyway.

A breach of privacy, perhaps an attempted fraud, perhaps criminal defamation depending on what is alleged it may be, but it isn't extortion.

Could everyone please stop calling it 'extortion'? Unless said fellow is demanding money, property etc from the player / club / NRL in question in exchange for the alleged video, it isn't extortion. Not by law anyway.

A breach of privacy, perhaps an attempted fraud, perhaps criminal defamation depending on what is alleged it may be, but it isn't extortion.
Ohhhhhhhhhh.... My bad! [emoji28]

Isn't that what is alleged to have happened?

The camera man/woman was "shopping" the tape around wasnt he/she???

Isn't that what is alleged to have happened?

From the allegations that have been broadcast the video taker is allegedly trying to sell the footage, which may have been illegally recorded, which is why I say it 'may' amount to an act of attempted fraud.

He/she is not demanding anything or threatening anything in exchange for the video, which would be extortion or an attempted extortion.

Personally if I were involved and knew I was completely innocent, I'd report the matter to police as an attempted fraud.

Anyone who then attempted to or actually purchased said footage, would potentially become a party to the offence of fraud / attempted fraud as an 'aider' or 'enabler' and would become criminally responsible just like the video taker...

That would stop this 'fad' in an instant...

Audio of a conversation between the owner of footage allegedly featuring a Brisbane Broncos player snorting cocaine and the video's perpetrator has been played on the Seven Network.

The conversation reveals a man threatening to sell the footage in a bid to extort the player involved.

"I'm the one that was in the cubicle with you recording you," the man says.

"I'm with Channel 7 and 9 now...I'm not sure if I should sell it to them or go with your behalf."

Seven reports those who have seen the footage say it is not clear and does not identify the player.

The footage has been shopped around, with a $50,000 asking price for Seven and News Corp reporting it was offered the footage for $70,000.

The NRL integrity unit has not launched a formal investigation despite being aware of the tape.

Audio of man trying to extort Broncos player aired on Seven Network | Sporting News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | MLB | NASCAR | UFC | WWE | Sporting News

Okay this is starting to sound like a bunch of bullshit. It doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So is there a full transcript of this conversation?

Active Now

• Astro
  • Aldo
  • The True King
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
  • Maddy
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ffs...
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.