Broncos Fan Survey Results

Rowan Edwards

Rowan Edwards

BRL Player
Jul 15, 2013
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but the fan survey results have been posted online.

Part One
What Do You (Really) Think? Part 1 of 4 - Brisbane Broncos

Part Two
What Do You (Really) Think? Part 2 of 4 - Brisbane Broncos

Part Three
What Do You (Really) Think? Part 3 of 4 - Brisbane Broncos

Part Four
What Do You (Really) Think? Part 4 of 4 - Brisbane Broncos

While a lot of it is fluff, there are a few interesting points. The most notable being that they are trying to address the lack of atmosphere at Suncorp, a new app for 2014 and Corey Parker being the most popular Bronco (39%)

Some questions I would have liked to have seen asked were:
- How do you think the Broncos will go in the 2014 season?
- Are you happy with the current Broncos on field jerseys?
- How important is it that our players are from Queensland?

Are there any stats you found interesting in the results? Any questions you would have liked to have seen asked?

The club is very interested in this area and we’re working on perfecting the rally towel tradition in conjunction with the ground announcer. The Broncos don’t have a great home ground record since 2003 - so a vocal, vibrant, chanting, supercharged crowd will certainly lift our players on the field and add to everyone’s big game enjoyment.

The club would LOVE some ‘Chant Champions’ to make themselves known to us and we would heavily support a united group of them to lead a vocal section that inspires the rest of the stadium. We would consider discounted membership, ‘Chant Champion’ merchandise and instruments, in return for your inspiration at EVERY home game.

Our new Fortress Membership (previously the XXXX Fanatics Membership) has been established in part of the Eastern Stand specifically for this purpose. This section is General Admission so these members can sit anywhere from the front row back and move around the seating to ‘gee up’ the crowd.

The club warmly invites ALL members and fans to supply us with crowd chants or songs in the short, ‘easy to remember’ style and tunes of cricket’s Barmy Army. We would support the crowd learning these chants on the big screen with the ground announcer and via our website, emails and social media channels.

A vocal stadium ‘Fortress’ section armed with Chant Champions and a Broncos songbook could be the massive hit of 2014 so please spread the word. Our search to find our Chant Champions is on. Please email info@broncos.com.au with ‘Chant Champion’ in the Subject Line and give us your contact details to follow up. Nominate yourself or encourage a friend or family member to dob themselves in. THANK YOU!

That response really interested me and if they were honest about this, it's something I'd hope everyone on here would love to be apart of.

I'm all for getting the crowd to become more involved, but I'd also like to see someone hired to gee up the crowd over the stadium PA system. Someone to start the chants and have the "Chant Champions" follow along and encourage the rest. Hell, can't we just give Alfie a carton of XXXX and a live mic before each game?

Looks like they want to take a page out of the A-Leagues book, Brisbane Roar have 'The Den' which is awesome

The sole reason our crowd atmosphere sucks is there isn't a whole lot to get excited about.

Compare this season to 2008, crowds were going bezerk with some of the plays we were coming up with, that and the anticipation that they were coming with the great players we had.

Chants and songs will never take off if they are forced, just like the rally towel rubbish.

Get this fucking team back to the way it was and the problem sorts itself out.

Last edited:
The crowd would only pop for the odd play, for the most part they've always been rubbish even when we had one of the game's greatest ever players in our line up.

The crowd would only pop for the odd play, for the most part they've always been rubbish even when we had one of the game's greatest ever players in our line up.

Come on, Kemp wasn't THAT good.

I think one reason for the quietness of the crowd is the fact that it consists of a lot of older people, disabled people and a lot of families and I think the younger people in the crowd tend to get less rowdy whilst around them, especially in the section i sit in (except when the bulldogs fans are there swearing their heads off and threatening people).

Yes they listened to me (kinda) about time they had something like this! Would love to have a roar like atmosphere at the Broncos.

I think one reason for the quietness of the crowd is the fact that it consists of a lot of older people, disabled people and a lot of families and I think the younger people in the crowd tend to get less rowdy whilst around them, especially in the section i sit in (except when the bulldogs fans are there swearing their heads off and threatening people).

As I've said on the forums before (I think in the 'Crowd in 2014' thread), the above is true and due to assigned seats everyone's all over the shop (no GA areas for any supporter groups to congregate.) Even in member areas there's randoms that more than likely aren't Broncos fans, but football fans in general who are there just to see a game as it's their only option (I mean who wants to go to Skilled? hint: No one). I'd like to see a Den-style area too. more than just that XXXX bay which is totally in the wrong spot. It should be on the opposite side of the stadium from the away supporters in 317, so bay 304 and around that corner to maybe 307-8. not where it was in 325. Not that anyone would've known they were there of course. But it's good to see the club acknowledging the problem. Let's hope they come up with something better than rally towels LOL

I'm all for getting the crowd to become more involved, but I'd also like to see someone hired to gee up the crowd over the stadium PA system. Someone to start the chants and have the "Chant Champions" follow along and encourage the rest. Hell, can't we just give Alfie a carton of XXXX and a live mic before each game?

Haha yes, we need the Mushroom

Making noise is anti social behavior. I've seen people kicked out for being too loud and obnoxious around people. Dunno how I've remained not kicked out yet.

“As I've said on the forums before (I think in the 'Crowd in 2014' thread), the above is true and due to assigned seats everyone's all over the shop (no GA areas for any supporter groups to congregate.) Even in member areas there's randoms that more than likely aren't Broncos fans, but football fans in general who are there just to see a game as it's their only option (I mean who wants to go to Skilled? hint: No one). I'd like to see a Den-style area too.
I am involved with the Sydney Stable (supporters group) and you are right- reserved seating is the death knell of supporter groups. It is IMPOSSIBLE to coordinate a group booking – it is worse of course down here where we would have to do it in 10 different stadiums.
BUT there are downsides to General Admission in that
· Firstly, it is usually the crap seats (we are constantly having to sell the idea that “what you give up in the view of the game you more than pick up the atmosphere of a block of fellow supporters”)

· Secondly, being General Admission you can’t stop the opposition hecklers from intermingling (This is a chronic problem in opposition territory- probably much less so in Brissie). I usually turn up 5 minutes after gates open and spread my flags over seats / grass to scare off the opposition, and attempt to stare them down if they want to be narcs and sit in the middle of us. Always a pain.

Getting a chant going is HARD WORK (as I try to get them going down here from time to time). As for gimmicks like broncos hankies and the like- leave me out! I like the idea of big flags, but maybe that’s just me ‘cause I make them all! We have a reasonable number of banners as well. Given the Suncorp Stadium aversion to these they are can’t really be much of a rallying point, so all we are left with is chant champions, t-shirts and waving-things.

I don’t know the answer – although I suspect it is as simple as winning games again.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • HarryAllan7
  • Ondi
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FGfrom50
  • kiwibronco
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • The Don
  • BooKhaki
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Stix
  • TimWhatley
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.