Broncos guaranteed Sunday arvo slots

Hahahaha so the broncos can tell their owners what to do?

Tomorrow, at work, can you try this technique out and let me know how it goes? Centrelink is open till 5 I think, might be useful info for ya mate....
I never said they could.

But whilst the company that owns the courier mail owns the broncos. Writes articles to push a certain agenda for the broncos whilst belittling rugby league or other clubs, that stain is going to fall on the broncos. I am not sure why you can't accept that and why bad centrelink jokes are a good response.

Each to their own.

I always wonder about the reality of this... has anyone ever been quoted, or seen anything official that confirms this agreement is real. Or is it just some bullshit that journalists and other clubs use to whinge about. There really is a rewrite of Broncos history, and their place in Brisbane sport that makes me wonder. People seem to choose to forget that the buzz around the arrival of the broncos was that BRL players no longer had to go to Sydney to play in the top comp. They also seem to forget that apart from finals, and diehards, the crowd support for BRL was already poor, yet Broncos seem to be the whipping boys for the demise of the BRL comp. A genuine question that I've asked elsewhere but haven't been able to find out, but did the Raiders, the Knights, the Warriors, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Seagulls, all have an affect on local comps. I just can't imagine that cities/towns smaller than Brisbane suddenly taking players out of local comps doesn't impact, but Broncos seem to be the biggest ****s in the world for it, but no mention of other teams affecting local comps.

If because of the broncos, the brl go from having 40k a week to 30k a week and the broncos now get 30k a week that is a positive, plus all the other added benefits for rugby league re exposure. Same for the raiders and knights.

There are other question marks though, I dont know about the knights with their changes in ownership lately, but the raiders plough a shit ton of money into running the Canberra and surrounding districts rugby league comp (similar to a few sydney clubs, i.e. not the roosters). From what people have told me on this site the broncos junior development is more akin to the roosters then say the cronulla sharks. I.e. they dont run their own comps getting masses of kids out to play and into rugby league but more about giving scholarships to the best kids.

I am not critical of this as they are a business, but they equally cant take credit for development they didnt do (I am not talking individual player development, more rugby league community and competition development).

My comment in respect of the second side, is more because surely having a local rival will only increase the net interest in rugby league in brisbane and strengthen rugby league in general, as it has done for AFL and soccer in similar situations. Whereas, if brisbane are still holding out on that clause, well there is going to be due criticism for that. That said with Todd Greenberg in charge it is easier to direct more criticism at that muppet for not trying to push these things along.

And if you SERIOUSLY think the media is on the broncos side you should have a word to....

Tallis
Paul Kent
Rothfield
Hooper
meninga
Andrew Webster
Matty Johns
Gould

You're paranoia is a bit selective papa....
I am not paranoid.

But I also dont buy bullshit.

I'll believe it when I see it. Knowing the NRL, they 100% wouldn't have discussed this with the broadcaster yet.

I'll believe it when I see it. Knowing the NRL, they 100% wouldn't have discussed this with the broadcaster yet.

Isn't the deal that the NRL take control of the draw? I imagine the broadcasters would have some say but I do believe the NRL have enough control of the draw to give us Sunday games.

Not to mention teams such as the Eels and Raiders pull a lot of ratings so 9 will still have a high rating team on prime time

I never said they could.

But whilst the company that owns the courier mail owns the broncos. Writes articles to push a certain agenda for the broncos whilst belittling rugby league or other clubs, that stain is going to fall on the broncos. I am not sure why you can't accept that and why bad centrelink jokes are a good response.

Each to their own.
And I suppose the Canberra Times doesn’t push the Raiders barrow or the Newcastle Herald doesn’t push the Knights?
The CM is basically a Brisbane paper despite trying to sell themselves as Qld.

Talking of belittling other clubs, have you seen the way Rothfield, Ritchie etc give it to the Broncos constantly? So it works each way.

And I suppose the Canberra Times doesn’t push the Raiders barrow or the Newcastle Herald doesn’t push the Knights?
The CM is basically a Brisbane paper despite trying to sell themselves as Qld.

Talking of belittling other clubs, have you seen the way Rothfield, Ritchie etc give it to the Broncos constantly? So it works each way.
Rothfield (besides sharks) and Ritchie (besides dogs) belittle all clubs and there paper isnt just pushing the barrow of one club.

The Canberra Times as far as I could see didn't run the tapine story the same way as the courier mail ran the milford story.

Oddly enough, the Canberra Raiders were successful in getting joe tapine a year early from the knights, whereas the despite the campaign run by the courier mail in conjunction with the broncos, they failed to get him a year early.

I never said they could.

Each to their own.
"They need to not have their parent company..."

So they can't tell the owners to stop doing something & have no control over it but you want them to stop their owners from doing something?

Have you just watched the movie "inception" or something?

My Centrelink joke might have been bad but your logic is a lot worse....

No I am saying they are stained by what the parent company does.

They also sold my team.

I dont mind that a company owns them.

I just dont think they should write garbage that is worse then the tele just to push a brisbane broncos agenda, I know it isnt the broncos fault but the stain sticks on them.

I think that is just journalism/ media these days. They sicken me !

We play Manly again in Round 10 in another double header. Storm take on Titans.

I hope they put it on a Sunday, but I doubt they will. Imagine a Sunday double header at Suncorp. It would be huge.

I never said they could.

Each to their own.

Papa, to be fair, Canberra local journos write stories favourable to the Raiders and if anything biased in the favour of the Raiders. Same thing happens in Townsville and in Melbourne (to the extent they can be bothered writing about league). It is called writing for your audience. To suggest that the Broncos are stained by something that they have zero control over is at best naive.

Ask Bennet how much he loves the courier mail. I some how think you get a different idea afterwards.
The papers worship winners and stone losers. The courier mail's are the first to jump on the "sack him" band wagon when a player (or even the coach) has a bad run.
It would be nice think the papers were worthy a read, but I haven't touched one for years and see no reason to start now. I look at whatever is posted online and check the ABC site, but that's it. I've yet to feel uniformed thanks to a newscorp revelation. Their opinion masquerading as information sets a standard only trump could admire.

We play the Titans Sunday night on Easter weekend.

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.