Broncos help in storm cleanup.

This made the headline news on the CM site? That is pathetic.

What about the people who are NOT getting paid to do this. The ones who usually wear bright orange with "SES" on the back.

Who says Corey is being paid to do it Nashy? FFS

Seriously Nashy the Broncos were not getting paid to help in the clean up. They could have just gone home when training was cancelled. And no that is not Corey's place they are cleaning up (although I think he did get some damage to his place and the boys were going to go and help him out later). And they weren't the ones who called the media and told them they were doing it - good to see Joe Public is happy to report on the players' GOOD and HELPFUL behaviour as well.

They were not sent home when they couldn't train. They were sent to help.

Hence, they got paid for it instead of going to training.

so the broncos as a club decided that the players should help..

who cares if the players got "made" to do it

The Club Made the decision so it still reflects well on The Broncos as a club

Dude, stop being such a nark. SES do a great job and get plenty of exposure, just be happy the boys arnt getting head in nightclub toilets.

Could've wiped out world hunger and Nashy still wouldn't be satisfied. Seems for anyone to get a bit of a pat on the back from Nashy they have to kiss his arse first.

Example Jeb.

What about the fact that I think the SES should have been there. Or did you miss that?

I have no doubt that none of the players would have done a damned thing should the Bronco's management tell them to get to work.

Nashy said:
Example Jeb.

What about the fact that I think the SES should have been there. Or did you miss that?

I have no doubt that none of the players would have done a damned thing should the Bronco's management tell them to get to work.
And what have you been doing for the clean up effort?

And what if your employer told you to go help?

Webcke said:
Nashy said:
Example Jeb.

And what have you been doing for the clean up effort?

I'm not having a go at them for helping. Personally I haven't helped with the cleanup, but I am in the process of organising mechanical help to anyone with damage to vehicles at discounted prices.

Nashy said:
Example Jeb.

Example here in this thread.

The SES does this sort of thing all throughout the year and they get the credit they deserve. It's what they're known for. They don't need front page Courier Mail coverage.

People see Broncos players helping out with this sort of thing and they appreciate it, whether or not their bosses told them to do it. That's what it all comes down to.

Like I said above, original comments were in no way to speak down about the players helping. Personally I would rather see more about the guys from Central QLD who have taken unpaid leave from work to come and help Brisbane, and people from Brisbane did the same for them with Larry.

That's just what I want to see.

Again, no dis-credit for what the Broncos have done, every little bit helps.

Everytime the News is on the SES is praised what junk a smoking mate?? The reason the broncos got on the paper is because they are highly paid footballers who never do any real hard work. The papers thought shit beater take a photo of this it will last longer..

Beads6 said:
Everytime the News is on the SES is praised what junk a smoking mate?? The reason the broncos got on the paper is because they are highly paid footballers who never do any real hard work. The papers thought shit beater take a photo of this it will last longer..
Never do hard work? Beating your body up almost everyday of the week is a lot harder then a lot of jobs. People don't give footy players credit for what they do, this aint under 12s footy guys.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • thenry
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.