Broncos injury update: good news on 5 players

Next year we will probably have Arthars at centre and Coates on the wing.

No way, you'd go with Boyd for sure. Boyd actually looked decent in the first two games, Kahu has no shoulders and is a turnstile in defense. Plus he has lost all of his pace due to his knee injuries. He's basically Hodges without a fraction of the talent with his injury history now.
Not to mention that he was given the opportunity to cement a spot as starting center in 2017 or 2018 and proceeded to get absolutely torn to shreds by the dragons in rd 1 and then, you guessed it, injured against the cows in rd 2 (albeit with a broken jaw or something).

But the evidence of round 1 was enough to suggest that he was not capable of being a starting center.

No way, you'd go with Boyd for sure. Boyd actually looked decent in the first two games, Kahu has no shoulders and is a turnstile in defense. Plus he has lost all of his pace due to his knee injuries. He's basically Hodges without a fraction of the talent with his injury history now.
So basically he's just kept Hodgo's injury record. Pretty much the only part of Hodgo you wouldn't want to keep.

Why wouldn't he come back? He has a contract with us.
I think he meant that Kahu had a shit attitude when he came back. Not that he is hated simply coming back.

I like Jordy, seems like a nice guy but some
players should probably say less.

This is an attitude our team must lose. Tbh I'm sick of them rallying around mediocre players that aren't going to win us a damn thing.

hold the phone ...

you want our team to lose the attitude of supporting their team mate ...

hmm, take a guess where the team will end up of they do that ... i'll give you a hint, it isn't towards the top of the ladder

hold the phone ...

you want our team to lose the attitude of supporting their team mate ...

hmm, take a guess where the team will end up of they do that ... i'll give you a hint, it isn't towards the top of the ladder
Yep, because Kahu, Macca and Boyd have been so great at getting us to the top of the ladder. They suck and the sooner the brighter prospects realise this the better. The team doesn't need them.

Yep, because Kahu, Macca and Boyd have been so great at getting us to the top of the ladder. They suck and the sooner the brighter prospects realise this the better. The team doesn't need them.

so who makes the decision who on the roster the players are allowed to support ....

you know what will happen if they start picking and choosing who they support and who they don't? i'll tell you what will happen ... no-one will trust anyone, no-one will play for each other and the team will get a permanent holiday from September footy ...

@Foordy sorry forgot to quote.

The rostered players shouldn't have a say, perhaps apart from a few senior ones. Their support should be a moot point. I'm sure the players that don't get dropped will become just as chummy with the new better players.

Last edited:
The rostered players shouldn't have a say, perhaps apart from a few senior ones. Their support should be a moot point. I'm sure the players that don't get dropped will become just as chummy with the new better players.

it doesn't matter if it is the best player on the roster or a finge player taking up the number 30 spot ... the players need to support everyone on the roster.

any senior player who dictate who their teammates are permitted support, not only are not leaders, but also have no business wearing our jersey.

do you think that the Storm and Bellamy would tolerate any player who picks and chooses which teammates to support ... or allow senior players to dictate who gets support from the rest of the team ...

it doesn't matter if it is the best player on the roster or a finge player taking up the number 30 spot ... the players need to support everyone on the roster.

any senior player who dictate who their teammates are permitted support, not only are not leaders, but also have no business wearing our jersey.

do you think that the Storm and Bellamy would tolerate any player who picks and chooses which teammates to support ... or allow senior players to dictate who gets support from the rest of the team ...
Like Hodges supported Maranta? Or for your Storm example like Smith supported Croft? So no not every player gets that support but I couldn't give a shit. Like I said their support should be a moot point.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2020/05/08/croft-eyes-may-28-after-beating-injury/

Broncos halfback Brodie Croft has confirmed himself a definite starter for resumption of the 2020 premiership season.

Croft suffered an AC Joint injury which forced him from the field early in the Round 2 win over the Rabbitohs – but the nine-week COVID isolation period has ensured plenty of healing time.

“It’s all good now, I’ve got the full range of movement in it, and it’s just the strength I’m building back up,” said Croft today after completing training.

“I’ve got three weeks that I can work on it now and I’m pretty keen to get some one-on-one sessions into me and get going again.

“The break has certainly helped it, that’s for sure – it could just naturally heal and I could get my rehab done at home.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.