Broncos membership: what happened to benefits?

M

mel_leigh_

Jun 10, 2024
Hi all! First post and sussing out if other members noticed this or know why … Been a seated member for 17 years through the days of having my eight seats (now two) that included Origin tix plus free merch for both, stadium member days etc. does anyone know why our benefits disappeared? After covid a few of us members nearby realised we now had to pay for merch, physical cards and member day mostly vanished? This year it is at a cost combined with the Lego exhibit and open to non members (with member login). I have emailed Broncos several times with no response and the members near me were basically told it’s their choice to stay a member when they asked where the old benefits went. Now, I am a die hard fan, so obviously I will keep my membership through thick and thin, but wondering what happened? Particularly our member days being taken away. It was the highlight of my season in a member for years. Such a great chance for us to talk to the boys. Surely Broncos want happy members given the way our performance has been (on and off)? Long post but disappointed and wondering what’s going on …

Yeah I agree it certainly has gone down hill. I've only been a member for around 10 years but costs have gone up quite a bit and benefits down.

They could make more money selling the merch packs separately.

That's all it's about, money. The club don't give a shit about the fans, we're just a number to them.

God I hope we get a new owner the murdoch ownership is cancer.

They could make more money selling the merch packs separately.

That's all it's about, money. The club don't give a shit about the fans, we're just a number to them.
Oh they care about the 'blow in' fans - the young girls who gawk over the players like a boy band rather than see them as professional athletes... this never happened in previous years and don't get me started on price increases on merchandise

It would be ok if Members at least got to enjoy winning but that isn't the goal at the Broncos. Just keep making money and the club is happy.

Oh they care about the 'blow in' fans - the young girls who gawk over the players like a boy band rather than see them as professional athletes... this never happened in previous years and don't get me started on price increases on merchandise

What do you mean it didn't happen in previous years? Of course it did.

Just do what i do, get to know some people at the Broncos and get free tickets.

Hey I would have taken them but I don’t live in Brisbane.

I been trying to give away free tickets on here all year. Not an easy gig!
Note: if I lived in Brisbane I would be trying to take them off you every home game.

You are like those glory hunters who support Liverpool and Man United 😁
Lol my EPL team seems to follow the same trajectory as my NRL one. Great in the 90s and early 2000's - but nothing after... not to add them both recently giving up the trophy right when they looked like winning it. 😞

In terms of the membership packs, they've never been free. The cost was always part of the membership. People started complaining about the price of membership, so splitting the merch out into a separate fee keeps the actual membership at a lower base and if people want the merch then they can pay for it.

I always thought it was a bit wasteful anyway, if you've been a member for 20 years and you've got 20 hats... what are you really doing with them?

I'd only start complaining about the club being money hungry if they start charging for things that used to be free and really should be part of the experience. I'm not sure if that has happened yet though.

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • the_next
  • Howie
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.