MELTDOWN Broncos must sack Bennett

Boyd Captain/Coach?

Not the worst idea now that Bellamy is off the market.

Plenty want Bennett gone but replace him with who? I am nowhere near convinced Walters is the man.

Let’s see him play like a captain before we go totally bonkers.

no no no.

I liked @Nashy 's suggestion.

Why stop with one Meltdown thread when you can have 20?

I can on board with the anger of the first half performance but this thread is a cautionary tale of needing the full picture before shooting from the hip.

Was thinking the same thing. How is this any different to the other 20 'Sack Bennett' threads?

I guess in the euphoria of the win that 'winners are grinners' so let's dog pile onto @Brent81

The live game thread is a distant memory now where some of the blokes now making fun of him were saying stuff ten times as ridiculous.
I got ridiculed for ridiculing a meltdown thread that got proved to be a meltdown thread once. Nearly caused me to have a meltdown....

I got ridiculed for ridiculing a meltdown thread that got proved to be a meltdown thread once. Nearly caused me to have a meltdown....

Absolutely mate. I've been in a thread or two as well where I got dog piled on.

I just don't know why the original post in this thread couldn't have been merged with the other sack Bennett threads? Or merged with the live game thread?

Or how bout we have an all-purpose 'Sack Bennett' thread... like we had with Griffin back in the day.

Plenty want Bennett gone but replace him with who? I am nowhere near convinced Walters is the man.

That is my concern and it's easy to cry out get rid of Bennett now but exactly who on the market is suitable for the role? Kevin Walters name has been thrown around that many times yet I'm not even close to convinced his upto the job of a fulltime NRL coach, hell I have my doubts his upto the job of the Queensland role and that is 3 games a year.

Interesting comment from above saying Bennett didn't speak to them at half time.

not really ... there have been reports that he used to do that sort of thing after a half like we had yesterday ...

walk into the dressing room at half time, look at them without saying anything, walk out ... and a different team returns for the second half

not really ... there have been reports that he used to do that sort of thing after a half like we had yesterday ...

walk into the dressing room at half time, look at them without saying anything, walk out ... and a different team returns for the second half

He made a comment at the presser along the lines of "Sometimes it's what you don't say that matters..." in his typical giving the media short shrift style.

Didn't know that Bennett did that. Thanks man.

He does it quite a lot if they perform badly. Think the players are more worried when he doesnt say a word

How do some Bennett lovers let him off the hook so easily about being happy with Nikorima at halfback. We have a decent half back this year and we are top 4 challenging for the Premiership. Instead we will go and meekly in the semis as a 6th-8th placed team.

Last edited:
How do some Bennett lovers let him off the hook so easily about being happy with Nikorima at halfback. We have a decent half back this year and we are top 4 challenging for the Premiership. Instead we will go and meekly in the semis as a 6th-8th placed team.

We have a decent halfback, he’s just wearing the 6.

Bennett lovers? What are you? 15 yo? You are a good poster but desist from the juvenile fb style references.

We would also look like a completely different team if Josh Hodgson was wearing maroon and yellow and not lime green.

Unread

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • heartly87
  • Financeguy
  • azza.79
  • Confidor
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Redfern_1980
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • jarro65
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.