Broncos Needing Rebuild

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
It is obvious we are in a rebuild... But what players do you think we could benefit from signing? We obviously are in need of some spine players and outside backs. Maybe even an enforcer forward who plays with some Monel mongrel

It is obvious we are in a rebuild... But what players do you think we could benefit from signing? We obviously are in need of some spine players and outside backs. Maybe even an enforcer forward who plays with some Monel mongrel
Watching Billy Walters play for the storm makes me ask the question... Just who are they looking to keep into the future?

With Munster, Papenhuyzen, Walters, Hughes, Smith (b), Croft

That's more than enough genuine future and current stars... Surely we could grab one

Watching Billy Walters play for the storm makes me ask the question... Just who are they looking to keep into the future?

That's more than enough genuine future and current stars... Surely we could grab one
You've also got Munster on record saying he prefers to play fullback.. surely that means Papenhuyzen is up for grabs

Just on Billy Walter's, what system did he come through?

Was he followed by Broncos scouts etc?
I know we can't keep them all etc.

Looking at players off contract at the end of 2019 (at least in the nrl comp) it really is slim pickings.

Unless someone is able to negotiate an early release.

Just on Billy Walter's, what system did he come through?

Was he followed by Broncos scouts etc?
I know we can't keep them all etc.
That's what I was thinking. There is footage of him as a child celebrating one of our gf wins with his dad and the boys. How in ***** name did we lose\not sign him?

Of the guys off contract in the next 2 years (off the top of my head)

You’d be happy with

Tom Trbo
Jake Trbo
Ponga
Holmes
Jai Arrow

Where we get a good half from is still a mystery.

Depends when you want them and who’s available I suppose. Like to think our two new wingers will make the grade. Two Turbos are off contract. Maybe Val could be interested.

Looking at players off contract at the end of 2019 (at least in the nrl comp) it really is slim pickings.

Unless someone is able to negotiate an early release.
Which isn't exactly out of reasoning in today's game. So really, everyone is a possible signing for real

I wouldn't be against going after James Graham.

We could use some experience in the front row and a real leader that Lodge and TPJ could learn from.
This is the name I was thinking of. To be brutally honest NOBODY in our squad is captain material.......well maybe Turpin 😜. James Graham is a leader through and through. I would offer him a large sum.

Last edited:
Boyd Gone,
Macca moved on
Glenn Captain.

The rest will work its own magic and turn into gold. We have a good squat, plenty of ability, it just needs a leader and heart.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.