Broncos Needing Rebuild

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
For next year, Karmichael Hunt, James Maloney. James Graham is a great shout. After that, go for Tom Trobojevic. I think in a couple of years our young guys will be much, much better.

Karmichael Hunt & James Maloney.

You taking the piss m8?

Not at all. Even though i cant stand the bloke, there is no doubt at all in my mind he would improve us in the halves and give us some direction. Same with Karmichael if we could get him in. I know both of them, along with James Graham would offer a lot of leadership and tide us over until some of these younger blokes get a bit more know how. They are all still playing good footy, and we could then focus on other options a bit further down the track when they become available.

1 Hunt
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Bird
5 Whichever winger impresses most, i'll go for Coates
6 Milford
7 Maloney
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Graham
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Joffa/ Carrigan ( mainly because i feel he is better as a starter rather than impact )

14 Fifita
15 TPJ
16 Flegler
17 Carrigan/ Joffa

Pretty competetive side there imo.

Go after Joseph Manu for fullback, NZ rep so we keep a key position during Origin too. He's a superstar.

If we couldn't get Ponga or Turbo (which is probably pretty friggin likely that we couldn't), then definitely consider him next.

If we couldn't get Ponga or Turbo (which is probably pretty friggin likely that we couldn't), then definitely consider him next.

He's been flying somewhat under the radar due to how stacked the Roosters are, playing behind Tedesco and Latrell. He'd probably be 600k so not breaking the bank so much.

The turbos comes with many benefits: brilliant footy players, not dickheads off field, manly butt hurt fans to name just a few.

Chris Lawrence.
Logging in to rep this.

Precisely the player we used to value, but alas no more. Think D Smith, Tunza , TCurrie etc

Now all I get to hear about is Darius too scared to play and way too scared to piss off the missus and give up money grubbing for another 2 million.

Also friggin tossers like TPJ.

Fck me. **** who could be anything, but only concerned with a flashy play and a bigger payday.

Kobe Bryant had it right, if we need to convince you to come or stay you aren't the ones for us.

Also **** this millionaire pay check mentality pervading the squad.

100% support a seibs cleanout.

Last edited:
Not at all. Even though i cant stand the bloke, there is no doubt at all in my mind he would improve us in the halves and give us some direction. Same with Karmichael if we could get him in. I know both of them, along with James Graham would offer a lot of leadership and tide us over until some of these younger blokes get a bit more know how. They are all still playing good footy, and we could then focus on other options a bit further down the track when they become available.

1 Hunt
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Bird
6 Milford
7 Maloney
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Graham
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Joffa/ Carrigan ( mainly because i feel he is better as a starter rather than impact )

14 Fifita
15 TPJ
16 Flegler
17 Carrigan/ Joffa

Realistically, do you think any of those three are going to uproot their lives and move for a one year contract? Particularly, Graham and Maloney who could sign a longer contract in England for more. In relation to Hunt, he would probably earn more staying in union.

I think we just have to wait for a legit superstar to come onto the market and to me that is Ponga... they should be going all out for him.

They should be in his manager's ear telling him to wait on any offer from Newcastle because we'll go higher... we should be able to anyway because in 2021 Macca gone and Boyd gone.

Buying a Manu for $500k-$600k just seems like a cop out... is he going to win us a premiership?? Is there anything saying we don't have a junior (Niu, Coates, Herbie, etc.) that won't turn into a star??

Imagine losing a home grown star because we blew our load on a mid ranger from another club that turns into a dud and is sitting in our cap long term on big coin.

We don't need to he going after luxury signings... if someone we need comes on the market go after them. If someone wants to come cheap go after them.

Don't chase an untried player for big coin and long contracts... only superstars should get big contracts.

1 Hunt
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Bird
6 Milford
7 Maloney
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Graham
11 Glenn
12 Gillett

14 Fifita
15 TPJ
16 Flegler
17 Carrigan/ Joffa

Haas?

I think we just have to wait for a legit superstar to come onto the market and to me that is Ponga... they should be going all out for him.

They should be in his manager's ear telling him to wait on any offer from Newcastle because we'll go higher... we should be able to anyway because in 2021 Macca gone and Boyd gone.

Buying a Manu for $500k-$600k just seems like a cop out... is he going to win us a premiership?? Is there anything saying we don't have a junior (Niu, Coates, Herbie, etc.) that won't turn into a star??

Imagine losing a home grown star because we blew our load on a mid ranger from another club that turns into a dud and is sitting in our cap long term on big coin.

We don't need to he going after luxury signings... if someone we need comes on the market go after them. If someone wants to come cheap go after them.

Don't chase an untried player for big coin and long contracts... only superstars should get big contracts.
Manu is a gun IMO, even if he doesn't play fullback, he's still a top 3 centre.

Yes. Plan for Ponga. No short-term fix will work. Offload Boyd macca turpin taga fensom etc . Seggy to start cheap backup of bench. Maybe Paix. Bird to fullback next year. Overhaul game plan. Stop the dumb footy. Play less one out will go along way. Hopefully young players like Deardon flegler fifita Haas and carrigan keep developing.

Last edited:
Realistically, do you think any of those three are going to uproot their lives and move for a one year contract? Particularly, Graham and Maloney who could sign a longer contract in England for more. In relation to Hunt, he would probably earn more staying in union.

I never said a one year deal. I'd have thought they would all be 2 year options.

I forgot about him!. But he is NSW scum, he can leave 😄

Last edited:
I'd also love Radley. Love how hard he hits. Would be a great player

To me, the ponga ship has sailed.

Papenhuyzen however.. hasn't yet.

I think instead of needing to pay 1mil + for Pongs... Paps to me would be a 500+ player just before prime on a 3year deal

Active Now

• Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.