Sam Lavea - Prop
Brendon McBryde - Backrow
Jayden Nikorima - Utility
Joe Ofahengaue - Prop
Kalolo Saitau - Hooker
Ash Taylor - Halfback
Jack Tuttle - Centre

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody else receive their Broncos 2014 Annual?

Nice article on the NYC boys confirming the following will be apart of the 2015 season.

Jayden Nikorima
Joe Ofahengaue
Jai Arrow
Ashley Taylor
Jordan Drew
Jayden Berrell
Alex Barr
Brendon McBryde
Jack Tuttle
Paul Byrnes
Michael Molo
Keegan Hipgrave
Sam Lavea
Keenan Palasia
Nikau TeRupe
Keiran Duffin
George Fai

I hadn't heard of either Palasia or TeRupe before, from what I gather after a quick Google search...

Keenan Palasia - A wide running backrower who played for Gold Coast Green MM side this year. He's a member of the Queensland U 18s Emerging Squad.

Nikau TeRupe - An outside centre who played GPS Rugby last year.

Last edited:
NYC squad did a "Friday Warriors" fitness camp on the Coast.

Plenty of sore boys.

What are our chances next year of going all the way to the GF again?

I must admit living in the NT I didnt see much NYC games last year but from what i did see the team looked pretty good. A lot of the above mentioned names are back from last year if i remember correctly.

The six guys below should be standouts from what i remember of them this year.

Jayden Nikorima
Joe Ofahengaue
Jai Arrow
Ashley Taylor
Jordan Drew
Michael Molo

Im not sure how much NYC Joe or Molo will play though.

You mean Francis Molo, Donald.

Michael is his younger brother and is yet to play NYC.

Francis will probably play for Norths in the NYC, I suspect Joe will play for the Jets.

You mean Francis Molo, Donald.

Michael is his younger brother and is yet to play NYC.

Francis will probably play for Norths in the NYC, I suspect Joe will play for the Jets.

Woops didnt read his first name just read Molo haha.

if michael molo gets fit he could be the surprise packet for the 20's this year, his shape and game is different to franks and he maybe a little more explosive.
hipgrave is one to keep an eye on, he is a beast and is damaging in defence and attack. However his biggest issue is a hot head and discipline. The kid im most excited about is lindsay collins, i dont know how his recovery is going from injury last year but of all the forwards coming through the nyc he is the pi k of the crop.

if michael molo gets fit he could be the surprise packet for the 20's this year, his shape and game is different to franks and he maybe a little more explosive.
hipgrave is one to keep an eye on, he is a beast and is damaging in defence and attack. However his biggest issue is a hot head and discipline. The kid im most excited about is lindsay collins, i dont know how his recovery is going from injury last year but of all the forwards coming through the nyc he is the pi k of the crop.
Collins did a great job for a young kid this year when he was on the park. I am looking forward to seeing him progress next year

Must be Drews last year of u20s. I feel like he has been around for a long time now.

yep its drew's last year in the nyc, he is top 25 contracted for first grade however in recent weeks he has been advised that be only needs to train with first grade for one day a week. So we can all read between the lines there, seems a shame to me as I rate him a better option than maranta and the pommy fullback as well

yep its drew's last year in the nyc, he is top 25 contracted for first grade however in recent weeks he has been advised that be only needs to train with first grade for one day a week. So we can all read between the lines there, seems a shame to me as I rate him a better option than maranta and the pommy fullback as well
He didn't come on last year though. I was disappointed in his year TBH

He didn't come on last year though. I was disappointed in his year TBH

From what I saw he spent equal time in the stands as he did on the pitch and when he was playing it was ordinary. Which is a shame because I like him

From watching all the home games last year, Drew seemed to be the only outside back to offer any bite in attack. Opacic had some moments. Alick, Taefu, Tuttle were pedestrian so if Drew is not in the future plans the others should be worried.

From watching all the home games last year, Drew seemed to be the only outside back to offer any bite in attack. Opacic had some moments. Alick, Taefu, Tuttle were pedestrian so if Drew is not in the future plans the others should be worried.
I would agree with most of what you have said here except IMO Opacic had a much more consistent year than Drew in 2014

i agree that opacic was more consistent, however if drew can stay fit for a long period i think he can have a good career in first grade.
i think guys like taefu, tuttle, alick and byrnes are ok players but dont offer much outside the box and i cant see them going on.

Yes i did not give Opacic enough credit. He and Drew (when healthy) were in my opinion the best outside backs.

I have seen Nikau Te Rupe play outside centre in rugby a couple of times, he has some flair. Same build as Alick.

Michael Molo is completely different to brother Francis. Plays second row/lock, played in a very structured Norths Devils MM Cup team. Always played left side of the field and runs great angles. Had a great combination with Logan Spaander (6) and Adrian Henley (1). Scored 5 tries in one game against Ipswich.

Is that the full squad listed above that was sent out in the members annual? Last year's squad was alot larger from memory..

No, no they just put together an article on the NYC side and these were the players they mentioned through out who'd be apart of next year's campaign.

There's usually a squad of about 40 or so.

Who is most likely to get the gig alongside Taylor in the halves this season? Jayden Nikorima
Interested to hear from the few of you on here that know more about the boys yet to really come through in the 20s

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  • something
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Inknition
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • levikaden
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.