Broncos origin round team

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
We play the first origin bye round what are people's thoughts on the side we will probably field.

1. Kahu
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Ese'ese
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. KNik
15. Sims
16. Joffa
17. Fai

Still a good enough side to win a few matches.

1. Kahu
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Ese'ese
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. KNik
15. Sims
16. Joffa
17. Fai

Still a good enough side to win a few matches.

I wouldn't be surprised if we still have Oates running out for the broncos come origin time.

Here would be my side

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Moga
4. Roberts
5. Mead/Pearson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Blair
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. Ese'ese
15. Ofanengahue
16. Dodds/Fai
17. Nikorima

Only problem is, we are going to play a full strength warriors side. NRL sure loves give us favourable draws

At best we lose only Thaiday, Gillett & Boyd.

At worst we also lose Oates, McGuire, Sims, Milford and Roberts either to NSW or he's still out injured. Some of those (Milford & Sims) are extreme long shots though, and would rely on Thurston remaining injured etc.

For the former, we'd have:

01 Kahu
02 Oates
03 Moga
04 Roberts
05 Mead
06 Milford
07 Hunt
08 Blair
09 McCullough
10 Ese'Ese
11 Glenn
12 Su'a
13 McGuire

14 Nikorima / Pearson
15 Sims
16 Ofahengaue
17 Arrow

If it's the latter, we're slightly more fucked, and it becomes an argument as to whether we play Oates in the forwards, depending on who's available:

01 Kahu
02 Mead
03 Moga
04 Opacic
05 Pearson
06 Nikorima
07 Hunt
08 Blair
09 McCullough
10 Ese'Ese
11 Glenn
12 Su'a
13 Arrow

14 Marshall
15 Ofahengaue
16 Oates
17 Dodds / Fai / etc

I thought Sims would be in the mix - Sims or Wallace for QLD?

At worst we also lose Oates, McGuire, Sims, Milford and Roberts either to NSW or he's still out injured.

I'd think he is a certainty for the side. The others are all possible to unlikely but McGuire is a certain selection.

At best we lose only Thaiday, Gillett & Boyd.

At worst we also lose Oates, McGuire, Sims, Milford and Roberts either to NSW or he's still out injured. Some of those (Milford & Sims) are extreme long shots though, and would rely on Thurston remaining injured etc.
McGuire would almost be a certainty for lock. Only other competition would probably be Guerra??? But given kevie played Guerra off the bench last year you'd think McGuire is ahead of him.

Also giving the current injuries to the QLD forward pack McGuire just has to be in it

Isaako won't be far off. The guy is a freak!

I agree, in attack he’s going really well. Sets up on the Magpies’ right and is just loving Minto. He’s getting into dummy half with real strength and makes great meters after contact. Against Mackay he followed Minto through and had a great pick up but then had the awareness to drift and find support two passes later they scored. It was great vision and awareness.
Only negative is defence, Magpies are leaking so many points that he is always standing there on his own with seven guys running at him. It’s not a great look for a fullback.

I think he's in front of Pearson this year with his form. But Redcliffe are much better to be on the end of than the Magpies.

I agree, in attack he’s going really well. Sets up on the Magpies’ right and is just loving Minto. He’s getting into dummy half with real strength and makes great meters after contact. Against Mackay he followed Minto through and had a great pick up but then had the awareness to drift and find support two passes later they scored. It was great vision and awareness.
Only negative is defence, Magpies are leaking so many points that he is always standing there on his own with seven guys running at him. It’s not a great look for a fullback.

I think he's in front of Pearson this year with his form. But Redcliffe are much better to be on the end of than the Magpies.

Pearson has improved a lot this year. Seen him put on some huge hits and defensively he has come on a lot.

Yeah the changed the rule to allow players to represent a second tier nation without affecting their origin chanced

What it should have always been. Although I can understand it from the point of 'how far can someone claim heritage' and robbing an unknown a chance to rep their country

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.