Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2019

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by raveenkari, Jan 3, 2017.

Sam Williams anyone?

1. Donald Garner

Donald Garner QCup Player

I hope your joking

2. Jedhead

Jedhead NRL Player

I think if we move Milf to seven and Knik to 6 to see how that goes. then the next 'natural' progression would be moving Knik to the bench to tag with Macca and Boyd to 6. Then we can either move Bird to fullback and Staggs to 4 or if Jimmy legs it to Souffs, then we put Staggs at 3 .If not Bird to 1 then I say Isaako moving to 1 is no worse than what we have at present.

The reason I'm suggesting this is its a slow transition and when Deardon is ready he can take over from Boyd at 6. We can also eventually drop Macca let Knik start at 9 with one of the other younger halves on the bench to play tag with Knik and cover the rest of the backline. Slow and steady (change) wins the race.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. teampjta

teampjta QCup Player

Agree with this, he plays 1 great game then 3-4 average games. Staggs would be a seamless transition

4. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

Now gi has retired let’s hope Boyd runs back to daddy.

5. FFS quit the pathetic daddy comments

6. Alec

Alec International Rep

I've always rated him, some people might remember giving me shit for it too lol. He's no attacking maestro or anything, but he's a good organiser for sure. He'd go great with Milf and Kodi playing running roles. I think he loves the Raiders too much to leave though, he keeps coming back.

ChewThePhatt likes this.
  7. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Yeah, I mean who would want a genuine organising halfback?

Smokin' Joe and ChewThePhatt like this.
  8. Sam Williams over Milford at the moment got more game management don't get me wrong Milford Is one of the most exciting players in the nrl but the current side need a game manager. I think he's defensively better as well

9. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Onya Wayno, knew you couldn't stay away.

10. Donald Garner

Donald Garner QCup Player

OMG I never thought I’d see the day where people on this forum would settle for Sam Williams. He is dog ordinary and that’s putting it nicely.

Give me 1000 Nikorima’s or Milford’s before I ever see that guy in a broncos jersey. I’ve been very critical of Milford in particular but Jesus Christ Sam Williams isn’t the answer

Locky's Left Boot and Morkel like this.
  11. Allo

Allo NRL Captain

Sometimes the sum is greater than the parts .... or something to that effect. He may not be the best player around, but he could have exactly what our team needs.

Also, whenever he seems to get a spot again with Canberra, he’s never really that bad

12. Alec

Alec International Rep

I might get bashed by Boyd fans, but having someone like Sam Williams at halfback and Milf and Kodi playing 5/8ths/fullback (I dunno who plays where) would be fantastic for our attack. Get those guys playing their natural games, without being forced into doing something they have no skills for.

13. Sproj

Sproj

Sam Williams??? What an absolutely...sound idea.

He is better than average (slightly). He’s a survivor and he won’t win anything on his own but he sure won’t lose either.

He isn’t overly young anymore, has experience and will always be a (decent) gap filler. He will also not break the bank and could fill a gaping hole for a season while the kids develop and then becomes a decent back up option again.

Do it, sign him up.

14. Sam Williams strikes me as a Shane Perry option, and folks have been saying that's all we need

Sproj likes this.
  15. Stu_9

Stu_9 QCup Player

Will be interesting to see what happens with the GI money that Souffs will have.
    Wayne could really go all out and rub salt into the wound by luring a couple of the Broncos boys south.
    Realistically he would have a chance of landing TPJ + Oates or TPJ + Roberts or even Offa..
    It'll be interesting.

My fingers are crossed that he takes Boyd down there, unfortunately I think they're not silly enough to do so.

16. teampjta

teampjta QCup Player

Yeah you get the feeling it’ll be at least one bronco, my guess would be TPJ. I doubt they’d be able to lure both TPJ and Oates/Roberts etc

Unfortunately Boyd’s not going anywhere, hes on a Kobe Bryant thanks for your service (without the trophies) retirement deal.

winslow_wong likes this.
  17. Foordy

Foordy

he won't take Boyd down there because Boyd doesn't want to leave ... he never wanted to leave in the first place

Huge and abashii like this.
  18. Matheos

Matheos BRL Player

Sydney
    Mate have you seen the physique of Williams? Too many Krispy Kremes in his spare time... ahah
    He is easily bottom 3 out of all the halves in the comp.

I've heard Paul White has come out and said that the Broncos will NOT be releasing Roberts, though I can't find any link to that. Off-contract players are a different matter obviously, but I guess that is positive news, if true...

Gaz likes this.