Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if most of those guys were signed maybe our starting side would look like this..

1. Corey Allan
2. Nene McDonald
3. Dean Whare
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Payne Haas
9. Harry Grant
10. Tevita Pangai
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Patrick Carrigan

That is a serious top 4/8 side under a good coach.

Except I wouldn’t be going after Nene, Farnworth would be first winger/centre picked given Staggs injury. I’d have Herbie ahead of Coates currently.

Last edited:
That is a serious top 4/8 side under a good coach.

It's not impossible to do either. If we weren't able to sign Su'a we could just keep playing Riki there in the backrow.. Not a huge problem.

Whare is an incredible defender at centre, which is exactly what we need. Let alone his experience. He actually has good attack too imo.

So is the jury still out on whether Kev is a good coach? Guess we can't know until we've seen him as an NRL coach. I can excuse the losses to NSW due to the fact that their team is genuinely better.

Last edited:
Whichever of Harry Grant / Brandon Smith becomes available HAS to be our only priority this off-season, pay them whatever the **** they want.

This. I like Turpin but I still have my doubts that he is ready to be a starting player in such a crucial position. We desperately need quality talent in and around the ruck, especially if the 6 again rule is sticking around.

Excellent post, totally agree.

I’d be prioritising it this way:

1. Grant
2. Su’A
3. Allan
4. Capewell
5. Whare

All except Grant are 100% gettable for next year in my opinion.
I seem to recall Su'A being treated pretty ordinarily by the club when Pies decided he wasn't getting back into the NRL squad for whatever reason, although I may well be wrong. Hope he doesn't hold it against the club.

Whichever of Harry Grant / Brandon Smith becomes available HAS to be our only priority this off-season, pay them whatever the **** they want.
This. I like Turpin but I still have my doubts that he is ready to be a starting player in such a crucial position. We desperately need quality talent in and around the ruck, especially if the 6 again rule is sticking around.

I'd also take Jake Friend on a two year contract.. Surely the mighty broncos can secure one of them

Cheap bottom dollar backline

1. Edene Gebbie
2. Jon Reuben
3. BJ Aufauga Toomaga
4. Marion Seve
5. Gideon Mosby
6. Lachlan Lam
7. Tanah Boyd

If we had these players as depth, I'd be stoked
Fermor: did well for Titans this year but with their inbound recruits he might loose his spot in the side altogether
T. Boyd extended until 2022 this morning. Fermor is also signed until 2022 so neither can be offered deals? Fermor will take Proctor's spot for sure within the next year anyway. Rest of them go hard! Honestly if you beat us to one of the Storm hooker's, I wouldn't be opposed to Turpin. Injuries my main concern with him.

T. Boyd extended until 2022 this morning. Fermor is also signed until 2022 so neither can be offered deals? Fermor will take Proctor's spot for sure within the next year anyway. Rest of them go hard! Honestly if you beat us to one of the Storm hooker's, I wouldn't be opposed to Turpin. Injuries my main concern with him.

That's a good signing by Titans to keep hold of Tanah. I think he is the logical replacement for Ash Taylor at Titans.. Once they can get rid of him that is.. Ew what's the bet Broncos end up with Taylor?

How many times do you see a player get a sniff of first grade and want more if it’s not freely available. Yes under contract but deals are always there to be made

Our cap isn't as bad as some may have us believe. Now we have DBs 600k, Kahu's 350/400 and 1.8 million in 12 months with Milford and Bird gone not forgetting we don't have to find 800k for Fifita! I'd say our cap is very healthy.
12 months away from being very healthy assuming we don't do anything stupid

Fair comment. I would not be mad if any of those guys were signed.

I'd like to see Allan and Su'a back here at Broncos for sure. I think Su'a would be a hard one to pry out of South Sydney though. Allan is much more achievable and he's proven now that he is NRL standard.. He probably could have proved it earlier.. If he were given a chance earlier.

McDonald has been a bit of an idiot in the past. If he had his head screwed on then yeah him and Coates on the wings could be quite damaging.

Whare is solid. He could definitely provide what we need in the centres.
spot on!!

What the hell are you guys going on about in regards to Su'a... If you genuinely believe we can snag him you are high on something... Its simple we treated him like shit before he's not coming back, especially considering he has a starting spot where he is

Theirs 2 backline players I definitely think we could poach from St Helens that will boost our backline... Lachlan Coote and Regan Grace... Coote I have never been overly tased with but i think he is the sort of fullback we need, a support play fullback who is in form over in england (obviously not as good as here but he is confident), he has experience and he can be a cheap option whilst we develop Rhys Walsh, Niu or Selwyn Cobbo. As for Regan Grace I think would be a great signing on a 1 or 2 year contract either play him in the centres or on the wing and see if he can prove his hype over in england... has great speed as well

Theirs 2 backline players I definitely think we could poach from St Helens that will boost our backline... Lachlan Coote and Regan Grace... Coote I have never been overly tased with but i think he is the sort of fullback we need, a support play fullback who is in form over in england (obviously not as good as here but he is confident), he has experience and he can be a cheap option whilst we develop Rhys Walsh, Niu or Selwyn Cobbo. As for Regan Grace I think would be a great signing on a 1 or 2 year contract either play him in the centres or on the wing and see if he can prove his hype over in england... has great speed as well
i won’t be very happy if we go from the last aging plodder we had (who I promised myself I wouldn’t mention again once he retired) and to Lachlan Coote. I won’t call it a sideward step but it’s diagonal at a very obtuse angle at best.

What the hell are you guys going on about in regards to Su'a... If you genuinely believe we can snag him you are high on something... Its simple we treated him like shit before he's not coming back, especially considering he has a starting spot where he is

dropping someone for poor form is not treating them like shit ... i hope Kevvie does the same thing to people that aren't performing

dropping someone for poor form is not treating them like shit ... i hope Kevvie does the same thing to people that aren't performing
I think people are forgetting how poorly say was playing for us when he got dropped. It even took him another year after that to show good form for souths. He is only in qld rep talks due to our lack of depth there as well

I think people are forgetting how poorly say was playing for us when he got dropped. It even took him another year after that to show good form for souths. He is only in qld rep talks due to our lack of depth there as well
And before anyone carries on. I m not saying we couldn't do with him now. Just that, letting him go was actually worth gamble at the time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Stix
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • Kev_Guz
  • NSW stables
  • porouian
  • Wendall Taylor
  • theshed
  • LittleDavey
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • broncsgoat
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.