Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your thoughts on both these guys. Any reason why we didn't keep either?

I actually didnt think allen had developed during the 20's and was never a big wrap but this year in cup i was impressed with how he was going. Goes to show how shit 20's really was for player development.

With blacker i honestly think he could be anything. The kid is big, good leg speed and an engine. Doesnt have the fancy footwork of a pangai but not many do.he doesnt need it though as he will just trample blokes and develop an off load over time. Give him 2 to 3years.

I actually didnt think allen had developed during the 20's and was never a big wrap but this year in cup i was impressed with how he was going. Goes to show how shit 20's really was for player development.

With blacker i honestly think he could be anything. The kid is big, good leg speed and an engine. Doesnt have the fancy footwork of a pangai but not many do.he doesnt need it though as he will just trample blokes and develop an off load over time. Give him 2 to 3years.

Cheers for the insight mate. Was hoping to hang on to allan, looked a very strong runner and nice hands . Can't keep them all i guess

Cheers for the insight mate. Was hoping to hang on to allan, looked a very strong runner and nice hands . Can't keep them all i guess

Yep thats true, its all about roster management. Although he plays fullback i think he could have been a really good wing option.

Yep thats true, its all about roster management. Although he plays fullback i think he could have been a really good wing option.

Yeah exactly what i thought

"It appears Corey Oates’ dream of moving to the back-row is on the backburner with the 23-year-old set to start contract talks with Brisbane.

While Oates has made no secret of his desire to return to an edge, the Broncos believe he’s best suited to the flank.

Now it appears the former Queensland Origin winger has accepted his fate.

While it was reported earlier this year that South Sydney and Melbourne expressed interest in Oates, Market Watch understands clubs are reluctant to make a big money bid for Oates as a backrower."

Marketwatch from Fox Sports.

"It appears Corey Oates’ dream of moving to the back-row is on the backburner with the 23-year-old set to start contract talks with Brisbane.

While Oates has made no secret of his desire to return to an edge, the Broncos believe he’s best suited to the flank.

While it was reported earlier this year that South Sydney and Melbourne expressed interest in Oates, Market Watch understands clubs are reluctant to make a big money bid for Oates as a backrower."

I think he'd attract decent coin at any club doing exactly what he has been doing. I hope he stays and he is paid a princely sum.

He already had a decent offer from one of the clubs mentioned. It's still very much up in the air with him.

He surely must know that whatever promises he receives, he will still end up on the wing.

Show him Hoffman and Jnik. Not every club is honest or good to their players, at least he knows the Broncos will take care of him and not give him fake promises.

He wouldn't at Melbourne

Yeah this is a good point but I also doubt they are going to be able to offer him the money he wants either. Even with Smith and Slater off their books, they will have a lot tied up in Munster, Bromwich, Chambers, Addo-Carr, Vunivalu, B.Smith, Croft, Kaufusi, etc.

Show him Hoffman and Jnik. Not every club is honest or good to their players, at least he knows the Broncos will take care of him and not give him fake promises.
And Beale, and Kemp....etc etc

Your point is a good one. Broncos need to hammer the other clubs.

I think he'd attract decent coin at any club doing exactly what he has been doing. I hope he stays and he is paid a princely sum.
Absolutely. I believe he could be great for us in the back row, but his contributions on the wing are so valuable to us.

Should we find ourselves with high quality wing options, I'd give him a shot, for now we need him where he is. Head and shoulders above our other options on the wing.

Wherever we play him, pay him his worth. Would be gutted if we don't keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • davidp
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.