Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I’m not convinced. Not to mention the risk + money that would come with Taylor.
If we could get him for $500k , sos has played like 3 games. He is still an unknown, Taylor has at least has some experience.
He looked trim and obviously trained well before all the bullshit, titans are toxic and I think he would be much better with a change. All the good judges know he is special, just needs a good environment.

i suppose it all depends on how much they are prepared to subsidise him ...

unless they are prepared to pay a substantial amount of his ridiculous salary, then not worth it.
I don't know how likely/unlikely it is, but if the Titans were willing to cover 500-600k, so we get him on the books for say 300-450k, I definitely would. It'd only be a 2 year contract I think which is what he has left.

Couldn’t think of a worse environment for ash Taylor to be at the moment than the broncos playing group - specifically in the halves! I cannot see that having a good outcome for either party!

Is this why dargan never got a run this year and doesn’t Bennett poach from any other clubs?
Dunno how it's poaching exactly, he's off contract, came from the Eels and never played first grade for us even when everyone else is busted.

I have always rated Taylor and would like to see him come 'home' especially on a sudsidised contract. As another said, two years on 3-4.5 hundred thousand would be great value.

Also would build a political bridge

Would be a great olive branch to the Broncos Old Boys with their nose out of joint re. Walters coaching. Not a reason to fill a roster position - but it would definitely be a good club move. I like what I’ve seen from him - I’d take him over SOS for sure! (And I think SOS has done well with the chances his had)
Could you imagine though....
Raging Fool: " I just dont know why Billy Walters is playing reserve grade for the Broncos.... his father won premierships for the club... he deserves a shot."
[Sits back, smile on his face, thinking about cashing them cheques]
[automerge]1565871926[/automerge]
He was never, ever worth the stupid offer the Titans gave him but I have no doubt he has potential to be an outstanding no.7.

We'd be stupid to not seriously look into signing him if his salary is going to be subsidised. I reckon the shit experience there would have humbled him and he'll be looking to work hard to get back to his best.

Do it.
I just dont think we can afford it unfortunately.

This would be the kind of signing that puts us into premiership frame... it's the kind of opportunistic signings that every club looks for, but horrendous existing contracts mean we need to do everything to retain Fifi, hope for retirements and look forward to 2021 when the decks start to clear out.

Last edited:
It seems we can forget about going to market for a half. Seibs is all in on the young blokes

It seems we can forget about going to market for a half. Seibs is all in on the young blokes

Just not until 2021. Hopefully they’ll stick around for that long but Boyd and Macca will be our safety net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.