Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he could arrest himself for .......I dunno......impersonating a hooker?

Can confirm. He appeared at the police tent at the Ekka talking to all the boys and confirmed how keen he is to wear a suit of blue, once he is done with footy.

Apparently bulldogs are desperately in the hunt for a 9.
Carrrn macca, the dogs are calling!!
I think I read where they signed the reserve hooker from the rabbits 🐇

Sorry just remembered thanks to you saying Britt , it was Billy Brittain. So we still have the chainsaw . 😔

Oh right Britt’s a forward. Seems like Brittain is only rumoured at this stage

looking forward to resigning our only Antartic International player for next few seasons....
[automerge]1568417834[/automerge]
well word on the street is Storm are looking to resign Papa to a long term deal...so whilst im not a expert of Melbournes salary cap you'd have to believe they would probably rather Croft go to free up cap space for Papas signature...

So in such a scenario he'd be available I guess...

But, is he a better bet than Paix..??I mean it seems to me his role in the Storm side was always constrained and limited....but he couldn't even do that right apparently../?

Id say signing Croft comes with its own set of risks..

Last edited:
There were rumours smith and croft didnt get on wasnt there? With smith being the dominant/game managing player in the team, it would have been very hard for a young game managing half to demonstrate his full skillset.

He showed glimpses of being a really good player and did an apprenticeship under cronk. He was dropped not because of poor form but because papenhuyzen has been a gun, and jerome hughes can play in the halves because smith is the game manager.

Dearden, SOS and paix are still very young and have a lot to learn. Do we want them learning them lessons in first grade? Where these lessons could be costly on games?

If croft fit within the cap (which i think unlikely), i think he would be a handy pick up. Particularly if bird left, that would mean we wouldnt have two very inexperienced halves in the starting spine.

1. Milf/bird
6. Milf/bird
7 . Croft
9. Turps
Looks like a spine capable of a premiership in the next couple years.

Spoke to a Souffs internal last night, was claiming we are footing most of Roberts bill currently. Next year down to about 50k...Surely this is not true?

Spoke to a Souffs internal last night, was claiming we are footing most of Roberts bill currently. Next year down to about 50k...Surely this is not true?
Couldnt be. He was the one that asked for a release, not vice versa so i doubt we would be footing any of the bill.

Yeah Id say there’s like zero chance we’re paying anything, like stables said, he was the one pushing for a release. Your internal has no idea. He’s probably an intern or smh/telegraph jurno (same shit different smell)

I think you might find that Brisbane were in no mood to be making things easy for Souths.

Well it was not a journo no, and my journo is always solid.

This is why i asked, and no they were not drunk or high and had little reason to throw it out there. Surely someone here knows what the deal was?

I thought if they ask for a release then we pay nothing.

I thought if they ask for a release then we pay nothing.

I guess it depends on the context of the request.

If roberts manager came to the club and said souffs are willing to pay 200k of jimmys contract for this season will you foot the rest and the club says yes, they still requested the release.

I'm not saying this is what happened though, just a way it could be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.