Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM reporting sua to souffs is happening, and Brisbane are even happy to chip in $ to get him gone pre June 30.
Wtf is happening at this club.

Looks like some people are bailing because they don’t like our future prospects.

I think this will be a looooong rebuild. I can’t see us competing even next year sadly, unless seibold finally pulls his finger out and makes some decent recruitment signing eg a decent fb, still in disbelief that we never went after drinkwater. Hopefully they’re in Holmes’ ear.
This is a potentially big problem for us.
If players think we are going to be uncompetitive they won’t want to come and play for us but we need good players to compete so it’s like a catch22.
Don’t see any obvious solution.

Why the **** are we putting in money. This is fucking craziness.

What the **** are they doing?

TPJ still not signed, strong mail that Lodge is going to the Warriors. At this rate it will be 4 or 5 years before we are even competing for the 8. I am floored.

I don't think the mail is correct on Lodge leaving. Warriors can try all they like.

Boyd and McCullough don’t appear to have to work to hard for their positions.
In Boyd's case there is no replacement in the club, at least no fit replacement (since Bird is injured)

Macca was kept out of the starting spot until his replacement had a 0 out of 10 game ...

Unfortunately, when the new coach starts in December, he can do little in the way of recruiting for the next season as there are no quality players available

In Boyd's case there is no replacement in the club, at least no fit replacement (since Bird is injured)

Macca was kept out of the starting spot until his replacement had a 0 out of 10 game ...

Unfortunately, when the new coach starts in December, he can do little in the way of recruiting for the next season as there are no quality players available

Which is a good point except Drinkwarer was available. Even Kata would be a good option over Shiba, he’s a little less rubbish and Blake is a lot better than both for centre. The club probably could have got Harry Grant if they really wanted him.

There have been (limited) opportunities that the club could have and should have pursued, namely Drinkwater and Grant.

We have a few spots free in our 30. Why not pick up someone like gebbie on a short term deal and see how he goes? This attitude shits me a bit, it's like we've tried nothing and we're all outta ideas.

heaven forbid a youngster has a bad game. we sucked across the park against Parra, should we drop the whole side? nah, but let's bring back in a guy that we all unanimously agree does not help us.

Other clubs seem to have no issues signing players midway through the season. I mean, we seem to be facilitating some of it.

Last edited:
I don't think the mail is correct on Lodge leaving. Warriors can try all they like.

Hope your right mate and that I am over-reacting, it would be a huge blow for him to leave.

The only positive out of all these players I see is that they are players that the club is happy to let go.
None of these players can just pack their bags and walk to another club, they need to seek a release and be granted that release..
It looks as though (hopefully) we won't loose any player that we didn't already want to leave.
When you think about it, Kahu and Niko were 2 players the club wanted gone, Roberts and Su'A weren't playing first grade, so it was made pretty clear the club at this stage didn't see them in the 17. Moose, well, I'm not sure, but some say WB organised his release prior to Seibs.
We have re-signed Offa, Paix and Dearden.
It looks like we will keep Oates, TPJ, Lodge and Turpin.
So when you sit back and look at it, we aren't losing any players the club aren't happy to let go..
If we were to let go players such as Haas, Fifi or Lodge, then I would be worried.
Hopefully what this means moving forward is we have a rock solid team that will be together for at least the next 3-5yrs.
We should also still have some $ left to make a play for a decent named player, should they come on the market.

Yes, this year is probably done, but when you look at the situation as a whole, it's probably not as bad as we are making it out to be. As for the media hyping the whole "poaching" shit from other clubs, its just simply not true.
Brisbane have to agree to a release should a player ask.

Which is a good point except Drinkwarer was available. Even Kata would be a good option over Shiba, he’s a little less rubbish and Blake is a lot better than both for centre. The club probably could have got Harry Grant if they really wanted him.

There have been (limited) opportunities that the club could have and should have pursued, namely Drinkwater and Grant.
Knowing the Broncos fan base ATM, Seibs could have signed those unprovan players, and if they sucked, the fans would whinge he got rid of Boyd and Macca

Knowing the Broncos fan base ATM, Seibs could have signed those unprovan players, and if they sucked, the fans would whinge he got rid of Boyd and Macca
nah, it's not like we've thought just this season that Boyd and Macca needed to go out to pasture.

I for one would've applauded it, even if we fucked it up. Better to try and not succeed than not try at all, right?

Grant just got a new deal no way they were letting him go early. He's close to the form ISC player, living with Johns who has also just got his NRL deal and delirious at 21.

Brent Read saying Su’A is a done deal

Last edited:
If we are chipping in that's absolutely fucked.

If not... I still think it's a shit deal but whatever. Just hope there's a bigger plan for all this.

Seems Parra might get Welch. Why aren't we going after him?

**** me dead
Stop giving our players away mid season you fucking idiots. And who the **** have they got to line up as replacements? I am fully expecting a big season signing for next year now and if we don't get one I will be fucking livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • phoenix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Painin the Haas
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jazza
  • Kev_Guz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.