Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two options in the NRL if we are going to chase a fullback imo, Mitchell and Trbojevic. If we want to take a gamble, Purcell from Ipswich, or Jack Walker from Leeds, who i think at just 20 looks an excellent prospect.

We have two options in the NRL if we are going to chase a fullback imo, Mitchell and Trbojevic. If we want to take a gamble, Purcell from Ipswich, or Jack Walker from Leeds, who i think at just 20 looks an excellent prospect.

all great options for sure.....but where does Jesse Arthur's fit into this then.....why did we get him? Isn't he a fullback option for us once he joins..???
[automerge]1565656682[/automerge]
I’d have to ask him to get all his points from over the past few years, but I’m not at his level of distaste for Milford’s game.

Even he doesn’t discount the incredible skill set that Milf possesses, but I think it’s very much a symptom of him being without a true halfback. He just flat out doesn’t believe he’s a half, although has developed the necessary components of being a half. It’s Milf’s decisions and game management that has dad at wits end over the past few seasons. I believe what he’s saying is that he doesn’t have the footy intelligence required for the halves - to be elite, that is. We’ve also all witnessed the sharp edge of his game (running, support) be dulled over the years.

As a fullback, I’m still very keen to see if he can continue to be his best self, which in turn would have me more than satisfied. Dad, however, points at the elite fullbacks and the trend of height/size of these players who are now dominant in the game. He also believes that he’s one serious injury from losing his greatest asset; acceleration/speed. Without that, he doubts where Milford can live up to the $1m price tag, or anything near it really.

Speaking of money, I think this is where dad is most disappointed. Milf has been collecting his massive pay cheque for many years now, yet his professionalism has been questionable with his preseason weight and slow starts. I kept hope that it was just dumb youth and he’d grow out of it. I may yet be right, but it’s a lot of money to pay a bloke that doesn’t seem completely committed to getting the best out of himself.

I still have hope with him at fullback, or even 5/8th, but we need a very strong game organizer at halfback to let Milf truly show his wares without being bogged down.

.....i share many of your Fathers thoughts and fears....However at the time we offered that contract it was on the potential upside that most good judges believed he had...

But like quite a few other NRL players who received million+ dollar contracts since then the promise doesn't always equate to the actual deliverable...its the risk a club takes you now..

I can say this....his next contract discussion with us will be very very interesting...

Last edited:

Obviously Tommy T would be an amazing get but out of available price range. I'd argue that if the Broncs aren't going to chase Ponga (which they should, just not at the price he wants), they should chase Manu, he could be a gun and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Seibold knows it but it depends if he’ll be allowed to.

It'll be a lot easier to bury a headline like dropping your captain to reserves or telling him to **** off altogether during finals when the media are too distracted. I'm hoping the PR Bothans at the club are thinking along those lines.

Paul White after making Darius Boyd our highest paid player and captain, sacking Wayne Bennett and signing Anthony Seibold -

giphy.gif

Before last year, I would have said we should fight to keep him, but the way the coaching change was handled has put me in two minds about the current administration. Perhaps a cleanout at all levels is what the club needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz
Lots of people complain about the administration and direction the Broncos have taken under White; but you can bet your bottom dollar if he were to become available and actually want to keep doing the same or similar role (considering his health), most, if not all, other clubs would look incredibly closely at him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Roosters nabbed him to replace an ageing Politis, and that’s not even a salary sombrero joke. He would absolutely excel down there if given the authority to do so.

Whether you agree with the direction the Broncos administration, under White, has taken or not; there is absolutely no debating he is held in incredibly high regard in the Australian sporting administration landscape.

The old, I'm going to quit before I get shit canned schtick.

Knifes Bennett, signs seib for 5 years and ***** off, cheers Whitey.

The old, I'm going to quit before I get shit canned schtick.

Knifes Bennett, signs seib for 5 years and ***** off, cheers Whitey.

the board did all of that not White on his own ... in fact it wouldn't have made a difference who the CEO was ... Bennett was a goner ... deal with it

and if he does leave he will NOT be short of suitors. it will be a bidding war for his services.

this club should be (and probably will) be doing everything in their power to keep him

Last edited:
the board did all of that not White on his own ... in fact it wouldn't have made a difference who the CEO was ... Bennett was a goner

and if he does leave he will NOT be short of suitors. it will be a bidding war for his services.

this club should be (and probably will) be doing everything in their power to keep him

He stuck his neck out with the coaching swap and so far it’s been an abject failure. Probably a good time to cut ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Bish
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.