Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, i think White is a good operator but I suspect mistakes have been made in the whole coach swap saga and he was front and centre in the whole mess.
In any case, he said himself that we are judged on premierships won and on that score, he hasn't fared so well.
So true.
Would consider the coach swap stuff was more personal than anything else and that his station in life, at least with the Broncos, was to create a profit and appease the corporate end of town. He did that and did it well.

As for premierships, the football team and Mum and Dad supporters he either missed the mark or considered it wasn't part of his duties and I agree.

I wish him well but maybe time for a change.

Anyone for/against Peter Parr?
I actually think he does a very good job with what he has, the cowboys facilities are definitely not world class but they have still been rather successful in recent years (excluding 18/19)

I'm hopeful that deardon Sean O'Sullivan and paix are given a chance to own the 6 and the 7.I have a funny feeling that Boyd might not be playing next year.
Well Boyd is hardly playing this year so its not much of a stretch.
[automerge]1565827168[/automerge]
Don't forget the commercial and financial success White has overseen at the Broncos. Every club would love to have such success
Umm, haven't crowds been on a decline the past few years. pretty sure every year since 2016 we have seen a drop. Further to that he cooked the coaching swap and resigned a bunch of duds. I don't think he has done anything that great.

Last edited:
Cost of a beer and a wine for the missus in the members bar at Lang Park is now $21.00. Is it any wonder. If the boys are getting flogged and you need to drown your sorrows you'd have to mortgage the house.
The prices are outrageous at the game. One of the reasons I stopped going. $21 for two drinks - that's rah rah pricing!

Cost of a beer and a wine for the missus in the members bar at Lang Park is now $21.00. Is it any wonder. If the boys are getting flogged and you need to drown your sorrows you'd have to mortgage the house.
Imagine if you are a bourbon drinker.

Well Boyd is hardly playing this year so its not much of a stretch.
[automerge]1565827168[/automerge]

Umm, haven't crowds been on a decline the past few years. pretty sure every year since 2016 we have seen a drop. Further to that he cooked the coaching swap and resigned a bunch of duds. I don't think he has done anything that great.

...indicative of a wider trend...any club seeing increased crowds right now..?? Even Melbourne have heaps of spare seats every time i see them play...i dont believe its just Brisbane...

...indicative of a wider trend...any club seeing increased crowds right now..?? Even Melbourne have heaps of spare seats every time i see them play...i dont believe its just Brisbane...

I think crowds are bad atm because the two clear best teams are also arguably the least supported. Imagine if the top 4 was: Broncos, Eels, Dogs, Dragons/ Warriors.
I can almost guarantee the averages would be up.

Last edited:
I think crowds are bad atm because the two clear best teams are also arguably the least supported. Imagine if the top 4 was: Broncos, Eels, Dogs, Dragons/ Warriors.

well obviously id like that....maybe your right...i remember 20 odd years ago we fielded arguably the best 13 we have every had and they could not get the Brisbane crowds in at all....maybe its all cyclical...

Last edited:
I think crowds are also down based on the scheduling.

How are we tracking with Thursday night games??

I'd imagine we'd be in the top 2-3 league wide for being subjected to that absolute cancer of a timeslot.

It baffles me why the NRL would allow their best viewing product (in terms of crowds) to play at the worst imaginable timeslot... they get smashed from pillar to post on how bad their crowds look compared to AFL, but then allow one of the worst timeslots imaginable to be included in their broadcast deals and throw their highest rated crowd average into it all the time. 8.00 kickoff on a work night is ridiculous and looks even worse on TV.

Thursday and Friday are not family friendly.

Fridays are working well nowadays but the crowd would be youngins on the drink... not a great way to build fans into the next generation (maybe that's what the NSWRL want).

On the rare day we get a Sunday game we usually get well over 30k and push 40k

Yeah crowds are down because TV coverage is getting better and the game day experience is getting worse. I've been really questioning about whether I will keep renewing our memberships. We have 4 platinum memberships and have had for about 15 years now so forking out nearly $3k a season is wearing thin. I'm not an AFL fan at all, but ive been to a handful of games the past couple of years and they do a much better job. On the Gold Coast at the Suns they have bands out around the stadium, better food options and just more exciting entertainment. They also let everyone get on the field after every game for a kick around and usually have some other players around the place who are out through injury / suspension.

For the others who also frequent the games, how bloody annoying is it how everytime theres a stopage, instead of showing replays we get a warning about entering the field, or some bozo winning some giveaway. Bloody joke.

I think crowds are also down based on the scheduling.

How are we tracking with Thursday night games??

pretty much this ... we carry the NRL in terms of ground attendance, yet the gave us many Thursday night home games this year where the crowd drop significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • cento
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.