Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Ash Taylor..

I wonder if there's a scenario where we chase him instead of these other guys. He would certainly be the most risky out of the group of him, Croft, Townsend & Sezer, but he's ALSO got the highest potential to be brilliant out of those guys.

Not sure how much of his salary the Titans would be willing to pay, but if we could release Bird, McCullough & (ideally) Boyd and replace them with $500K worth of Ash Taylor, we'd still have comfortably enough to re-sign Oates, make 1-2 other signings AND extend Fifita & Flegler long-term.

Going to have to pull you up on that mate. We signed Bird in early april 2017, and kept chasing Ash Taylor until he turned us down in late October 2017, so it wasnt one or the other. Its also unfair to pin Boyd all on Wayne.

Boyd is here on a big contract 10000% because of Wayne. Our management/club hierarchy should not have bowed down and approved a 4 year contract extension to a 30+ year old, regardless of how well he was going at the time. In hindsight a 2 year extension with yearly options in our favour would have been the smart/logical thing to do

Speaking of Ash Taylor..

I wonder if there's a scenario where we chase him instead of these other guys. He would certainly be the most risky out of the group of him, Croft, Townsend & Sezer, but he's ALSO got the highest potential to be brilliant out of those guys.

Not sure how much of his salary the Titans would be willing to pay, but if we could release Bird, McCullough & (ideally) Boyd and replace them with $500K worth of Ash Taylor, we'd still have comfortably enough to re-sign Oates, make 1-2 other signings AND extend Fifita & Flegler long-term.

It would be a big risk, as you say, but I wouldn't be completely against it. If someone can get Taylor's head, fitness and attitude right, there is certianly a player of untapped potential underneath it all. Maybe a return home and a change of scenery will be the key to unlocking all that potential.

Speaking of Ash Taylor..

I’d be all in favour of Ash as a luxury buy, unfortunately we’re not in a position to take any gambles with our spine

i fear the mental toll he has suffered may be unfixable.....talent wise he is worthy of being our first grade halfback but mentally his level is with a West Tigers or Bulldogs where the pressure too win and media scrutiny is less...

i fear the mental toll he has suffered may be unfixable.....talent wise he is worthy of being our first grade halfback but mentally his level is with a West Tigers or Bulldogs where the pressure too win and media scrutiny is less...

I believe he is too young, and has too much talent to be throwing on the scrapheap yet. Whether he can be our saviour or not is to be determined though. A big risk, but one with even bigger rewards if it were to pay off.

If we can get him for a heavily subsidised price, I am all for it. I think at their very best, Taylor has it over Croft.

Last edited:
too many "what ifs" involved......we had tried before remember....that bridge may have been burnt...

Craig Bellamy benches a loyal servant ‘Will Chambers’ for the semi finals after having a form slump and retaining that centre spot all year.
Seibold praises Boyd and gives him the keys to the halves after multiple non effort attempts all year costing tries and games.
Could you imagine if we had the ruthless ways of Bellamy, Boyd would of been sacked after round 3 rotting away in Q Cup.

Boyd is here on a big contract 10000% because of Wayne. Our management/club hierarchy should not have bowed down and approved a 4 year contract extension to a 30+ year old, regardless of how well he was going at the time. In hindsight a 2 year extension with yearly options in our favour would have been the smart/logical thing to do

Absolute rubbish. You have no clue how our retention process works. Wayne really didnt have the power you think he did. If he did, he wouldnt have got sacked. He was just part of the process.

Last edited:
Craig Bellamy benches a loyal servant ‘Will Chambers’ for the semi finals after having a form slump and retaining that centre spot all year.
Seibold praises Boyd and gives him the keys to the halves after multiple non effort attempts all year costing tries and games.
Could you imagine if we had the ruthless ways of Bellamy, Boyd would of been sacked after round 3 rotting away in Q Cup.
He has a standard and will drop anyone who doesn’t meet that standard, something Seibolde hasn’t shown just yet, or at least he didn’t keep it consistent throughout the squad.

I hope Glenn is rewarded. He'd be a fine acquisition at any club. Ideally the Titans as it's close and he'd be fabulous for their younger crew.

If Glenn were not to remain with us, he would do absolute wonders for the Titans you'd have to think. Seems like an ideal fit with him being settled long term on the coast too. Don't know if he would want to uproot his family and live in a place like Penrith. Hopefully we retain him for another 2 years, as long as it's not on too big a salary.

Absolute rubbish. You have no clue how our retention process works. Wayne really didnt have the power you think he did. If he did, he wouldnt have got sacked. He was just part of the process.
Wayne’s recommendation in conjunction with retention recruitment and approved by others. Blame lies at the feet of all of them and that due process should be part of the review. Sadly we will feel the effects well into 2021.

I'm not even sure if Boyd would have made it through last year under Bellamy. He probably would have followed Wayno to South's already.

Just heard the rumour on triple M (Sydney) Sunday footy show that broncs are resigned or very close to letting Fifita go and going hard for Cody Walker who is available to field offers Nov 1! Same segment had Jack Bird all but confirmed at Penrith.

Yuk! Cody walker, milf and an 18yo half..... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Ok then, as I clearly have no clue, let me see if I understand, club brings back a 7 time premiership winning coach and doesn’t afford him the retention and roster ownership to win? Wayne so graciously obliged and has no power to hire and release players? Wayne has no say over Boyd’s appointment and subsequent re-signing?

Just to be clear, Wayne was never bought back to be sacked a few years in, just as Seibold has been granted the keys to castle in his second year, Wayne was also afforded the same luxury/power coming in

Last edited:
Yeah, that ain’t gonna happen.

giphy.gif

Would be tragic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.