Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want a fringe player they can ask for someone else. This bloke has massive wraps on him, if he goes and plays for them and does an acl we’d all be spewing

Not if they're stuck on the GC with no alternatives. Suddenly the Warriors can't field 17 players because the Broncos needed their player back.

Seems unlikely that we’d lose him, especially for any longer than 1 game if needed. Not a big deal.

For me it all comes down to if it will be good for him to be around the warriors or not. Surely it’s better than not playing at all.

Seems unlikely that we’d lose him, especially for any longer than 1 game if needed. Not a big deal.

For me it all comes down to if it will be good for him to be around the warriors or not. Surely it’s better than not playing at all.

We absolutely do need to do something about the juniors stagnating on the sideline I agree, which is why the NRL should probably be exempting this season and just increase the top 30 to a top 40 or something. I guess that runs the risk of contaminating the playerbase with COVID19 though so every player would need to be tested before they're permitted to train.

We absolutely do need to do something about the juniors stagnating on the sideline I agree, which is why the NRL should probably be exempting this season and just increase the top 30 to a top 40 or something. I guess that runs the risk of contaminating the playerbase with COVID19 though so every player would need to be tested before they're permitted to train.

How would increasing the squad mean you wouldn't have players sitting around not playing- wouldn't you have more players sitting around doing nothing?

I like your extended 40 playing roster idea. We may not use them every week but at least they can train with the big boys and get some much needed experience.

I think every club should be looking to help the Warriors out too. The sacrifice their playing group have made to keep the comp going is to be commended.

Technically they're now an Aussie based team so their performances should lift. If the NRL let the Warriors field a 'guest' player every week it would surely become another talking point of the game. We need to be talking more footy and less covid shit. I've already had enough of the constant hysteria and fake news mixed in with the sloth like reactive measures of Scotty from marketing after a couple of weeks. I cant bear to think how tedious this is going to be around week 4,5, or 6.

“There's a new frontrunner for the most prized signature in rugby league with David Fifita sensationally snubbing Sydney NRL clubs.”
Titans....
- The great Daily Telefart

“There's a new frontrunner for the most prized signature in rugby league with David Fifita sensationally snubbing Sydney NRL clubs.”
Titans....

Yeah nah, if we had started the year 0 and 2 I would be worried, but as it is Fifita stands to still make a lot of money while being apart of a premiership quality squad.

Just my opinion based on his quotes. Why are you responding to a post that was made weeks ago?

Ok fair enough.
I’m on the phone app and it doesn’t automatically refresh each thread, so I must of been on that page last time I was reading this thread

Titans....

Slothfield just parroting something that the Courier Fail published a few months ago using the fact that the Titans signed one of Fifita's school mates from the Storm ...

what the fail to mention is that Fifita is already playing with one of his very good school mates (Payne Haas) ... when you add that to the fact that he will stand to earn good money here (although not as good as at the Titans) and get's to play as part of the best pack in the comp.

Money clearly isn't the major factor, otherwise he would have take the million dollar offers from the Warriors or Eels. so then the quest must be asked where he has the best chance to win a comp ... there is absolutely zero chance anyone answers Titans to that question.

the smart money is on us being the front runners

Last edited:
Slothfield just parroting something that the Courier Fail published a few months ago using the fact that the Titans signed one of Fifita's school mates from the Storm ...

what the fail to mention is that Fifita is already playing with one of his very good school mates (Payne Haas) ... when you add that to the fact that he will stand to earn good money here (although not as good as at the Titans) and get's to play as part of the best pack in the comp.

Money clearly isn't the major factor, otherwise he would have take the million dollar offers from the Warriors or Eels. so then the quest must be asked where he has the best chance to win a comp ... there is absolutely zero chance anyone answers Titans to that question.

Just out of curiosity, who did they sign recently?

Just out of curiosity, who did they sign recently?

not recently ... it was a few months back ... but signed Tino Fa’asuamaleaui for next year

not recently ... it was a few months back ... but signed Tino Fa’asuamaleaui for next year

Ahh ok I thought you must have been talking about Tanah Boyd because he was the last Keebra product that I can remember them signing

Their mess? Did the Warriors cause a world wide virus?

They want to borrow fringe players so they can keep playing, they didn't come here with their full squad of 30 and now no one is allowed in or out so they can't get players. What would you have them do- if they get a few injuries and can't field a team then it all falls over.

They're being good enough to stay here and not go home.
[automerge]1584771489[/automerge]
Lachlan Timm is training with them.

They’ve got an entire NSW Cup squad already here...

Fifita and Niu as a package deal apparently , cause they're mates aswell.

They’ve got an entire NSW Cup squad already here...

No they don't, they nearly all went home. They have pulled out of the Canterbury Cup this year and are part time footballers full time workers they went home after the Newcastle game.

They have a squad of 24. Three are development and two outside the 36 who don't even have NRL contracts.

Last edited:
No they don't, they nearly all went home. They have pulled out of the Canterbury Cup this year and are part time footballers full time workers they went home after the Newcastle game.

They have a squad of 24. Three are development and two outside the 36 who don't even have NRL contracts.
Yep they need players for sure. We probably don't have the depth to supply them though.

We've got no forward pack as it is.

At best we could supply Paix, but even then if we lose Turps I'd say Seibs would want Paix in the 17.

It's tough because squads have 30 players +6 development players... 17 have to play each week so that's only 13 spare players if everyone was healthy... excluding exemptions for the dev players.

Maybe if the NRL just said the 6 development players for each team are available without any need to get exemption there would be more appetite to let players go to the warriors.

If we had Riki and Bullemore available as we want we could probably loan either of them or someone like Hoppa to the warriors.

Have the NRL actually said "ask all your squad players who would be willing to go to the warriors on a loan spell?"

There could be 10-30 players putting their hand up rather than warriors going to a team "can we have him or him?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.