Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shirt should never have that many unique colors on it unless you have a big red nose and work for the circus.
You think that is bad, check out Sinbad in Good Burger

MV5BYjVlMWFjYzktM2Y0Zi00OGIzLWE5ZjAtNmY3MWY0MDhlZTlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcxMTk4Mzc V1

Really hope so ... he's just too good to lose and it really makes my freakin' blood boil when guys like Meninga (legend though he may be) sit in front of the cameras and proclaim that they're gonna throw huge money at DF as their "marquee signing" ... throw the bucks at installing your own development program and maybe down the line you'll have your own talent coming through instead of sitting around letting other, forward-thinking outfits do the hard yards only for you to come along and cherry-pick your way through the roster !! ... had to get that off my liver .. thanks for listening.
You would be tempted to be in fifita's ear about the titans being the club where careers go to die; ash taylor signed as marquee player touted by some to be the next JT, and his career crashes, the melbourne sideshow bob guy whose career has died, peats and peachey one time origin players but now not even in those discussions etc. Even going further back, brad meyers played for australia with the broncos, went to titans and will only be remembered because he had a big red beard.

Last edited:
Why would he re sign immediately for less money when he could just take up his option for the same money?

dunno why people are getting there knickers in a knot over milfs manager doing what he is paid to do.
Lack of thick skin and healthy brains

This is the sort of thinking that cost the Cows Kalyn Ponga. Lachlan Coote was the “sensible” option at the time.
You can't even begin to expect me to believe that one exception to the rule is where you'll rest your argument

Badel is claiming that Herbie Farnworth is one of the most sort after players in Australian sport. Badel is saying he has interest from Union and 5 NRL rivals.

some quotes from Seibs:

“We would like to get a deal done but we understand he has a fair bit of interest,” Seibold said.

“Pete Nolan (Broncos head of football) has worked hard with Herbie’s uncle (and manager, Wigan scouting legend Brian Foley) to keep him here.

“Brian brought Herbie here as a 14 or 15-year-old and he has been in the Broncos system for quite a few years.

“Herbie has made a lot of sacrifices to be over here away from his family as a young man and that shows his character.

“I’ve worked with Herbie for about 17 months now and he has a really determined attitude and a work ethic that is second to none.

“He has worked hard to get his opportunity in the NRL, so we have no plans to lose him.”

“Herbie has a huge future here and his next challenge is to cement a starting position,” he said.

“Darius Boyd will be retiring later this year, so that will open up another spot next year for younger guys like Herbie, Xavier Coates and Tesi Niu.

“I think Herbie’s best position is on the wing. He can play a utility role in the No.14 because he is so versatile, but I see him long term as an excellent winger.

“He is a great finisher and runs the ball with real intent, plus he can kick goals, so we want to keep him.”

It's hard to keep them all.. we have so many good young outside backs, we're going to have to pick and choose who to keep.

Every single one of our outside backs apart from Boyd & Kahu are 25 or younger..

Oates (25), Bird (25), Kennar (25), Isaako (23), Staggs (21), Arthars (21), Vudogo (21), Farnworth (20), Coates (19), Niu (18)

Out of those 10, this is how I separate them:

Absolute must keep: Staggs
Would very much like to keep: Oates, Isaako, Arthars, Farnworth, Coates, Niu
Indifferent: Bird, Kennar, Vudogo

while there has been no official talks with Te'o while he is still contracted to the Sunwolves, the CM is reporting that the NRL won't stop us signing him for 100k for the rest of this season.

they consider 100k to be fair market value because:

he is 33
he hasn't played rugby league in 6 years
7 months of the rugby league financial year has already passed

Who said that? Were they of the understanding that anyone who has won a premiership is a superstar?

LOL clutching at straws with the premiership thing. John Plath won 4 of them in his career, there were players on more during his career that didn't win a single one and would have earned a shitload more. Te'o is at the end of his career, hasn't played NRL for a longtime and doesn't have much choice if he wants to make money in 2020 from a playing career perspective, 100k is more then a reasonable amount.

Last edited:
I don't see Te'o getting too much game time as I think Seibs will continue to go with our youth unless there is a serious drop in form, injury or they really need a rest.

however, at minimum wage he is a very handy pick up, not only in case of an injury crisis ... but also as a mentor for the youngsters

At the least Te’o can tell them how to deal with germs like Weidler.

re Herbie, I really hope we keep him. He looks comfortable in first grade. He’s a better player than Coates currently.

I think Teo is a great signing tbh - more as a mentor for the young pack than an actual player, though I'd also expect to see him get a few games as part of the player rotation Seibs has talked about to try and avoid burning out the young guys. I know they have the likes of Parker, Thaiday etc around the club still, but the reality is it's a very young pack and having a few older heads around them can only be good. Teo's played at the highest levels of the game, he knows what it takes. I think it's a great move personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.