Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
50pczn.jpg

Looks like a lovely bloke too tbh

Is it just me or does that scream photo bombing potential?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Sacked by Storm now Souths, maybe he should join Roberts at the Titans and they can have a competition who gets sacked first.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Domestic assault once again. No thx.

Don't always believe what you read in the papers. He is being tarred with the Domestic Assault brush but it is certainly not what it seems.... The truth will eventually be revealed regarding this situation but at this point, I actually feel for the bloke. These allegations could ruin his potential career and his mental state

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Sacked by Storm now Souths, maybe he should join Roberts at the Titans and they can have a competition who gets sacked first.

I don't think he was sacked by the Storm, I think he just wanted to sign somewhere else.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Minimum is 80k I believe. So 80k more than he's worth.

Can't believe people can justify buying a **** player if he's cheap. Out of form player or untested sure, but Waddell has proved himself to be ****. He was never good like Blair or someone who has been **** but used to be good. He's just ****. That we bought a **** player for cheap does not justify the signing.

And I'm sure you'd all agree if Griffin signed him.

And he wouldn't have signed Boyd either

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Who would you buy to strengthen our team/ what positions do you think we need to strengthen to win next years comp?

David Klemmer

1 Boyd
2 Kahu
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Vidot
6 Milford
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 MC
10 Klemmer
11 Gillett
12 Thaiday
13 Parker

14 Oates
15 Blair
16 Gavet
17 Garbutt
18 Glenn
19 Reed

This guy reminds me of Lazarus so much. Would be a Perfect fit I wish we chased him and not Blair.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Klemmer has been in the Bulldogs system since he was 15, and he's signed until the end of 2016, we would've been wasting our time chasing him.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Klemmer has been in the Bulldogs system since he was 15, and he's signed until the end of 2016, we would've been wasting our time chasing him.

And IIRC was signed for $333k/yr for 3 years before even playing a game of first grade. Now that he's also played for Australia (and because of a lack of depth was arguably our best prop) he won't be getting any cheaper.

I could more see an argument for Kasiano.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Blair was signed until 2016. Boyd was signed until 2016.

If the last few weeks have shown us anything its that NRL contracts arent worth the paper theyre written on.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

If the last few weeks have shown us anything its that NRL contracts arent worth the paper theyre written on.

Blair had 1 year left on his contract and was unwanted by the Tigers
Boyd had a clause in his contract that enabled him to leave and was unwanted by the Knights

Klemmer has 2 years left on his contract and is the most sought after forward in the NRL

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I'm fairly sure Boyd's clause expired months and months ago.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Apples and Oranges IMO. Your comparing 2 established, reportedly unhappy players with a young prop who's never known anything other than the Dogs system.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm fairly sure Boyd's clause expired months and months ago.

I read that he had to inform the Knights by the end of June (or something close to it) if he planned to use the get out clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Ronald
  • Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.