Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Marmin Barba will be at the Jets next year.

Reactions: sus
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Sounds like a typical WB project, overweight put with oodles of potential, shame we couldn't land him, even as some depth.

Oh well.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The one guy who has worked with WB that has been Rumoured to be leaving that I actually wanted was Jason Nightingale. None of our wingers in U20s look that great to me and Maranta is underwhelming. Nightingale is very safe and knows how to finish. Reckon he would have been very prolific outside Hodgo.

Totally agree. Nightingale for mine is one of the best wingers going around, and can play FB if needed. He's a strong runner, hard to tackle, good finisher and quick enough, unlike the prop we have on one wing, and a future star centre forced out of position onto the wing in Copley.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
He's Rumoured to be leaving for the ESL too.

If we are willing to sign a useless Waddell when he becomes available surely we can go after Nightingale, a guy who shits on every winger at the club and has worked with WB before.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I'd take Nightingale in a heartbeat. Easily one of the best wingers in the competition.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Wing is not crucial to our team.
Good player though

Tend to agree.

Unless they were somebody like Jarryd Hayne or Israel Folau, I don't see the point.

Nightingale is the best of an average bunch and he's generally shown up in the International scene.

I wouldn't pay anywhere near what he's worth - for that price, would rather spend a fraction on a project player and develop them.

Reactions: sus
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
He's Rumoured to be leaving for the ESL too.

If we are willing to sign a useless Waddell when he becomes available surely we can go after Nightingale, a guy who shits on every winger at the club and has worked with WB before.

And how much do you think Waddell cost?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Minimum is 80k I believe. So 80k more than he's worth.

Can't believe people can justify buying a shit player if he's cheap. Out of form player or untested sure, but Waddell has proved himself to be shit. He was never good like Blair or someone who has been shit but used to be good. He's just shit. That we bought a shit player for cheap does not justify the signing.

And I'm sure you'd all agree if Griffin signed him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Is Waddell even apart of the Top 25?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I've always liked Nightingale. Rated him as the best winger for a time not too long ago. Very, very reliable, and pretty classy if not particularly damaging in attack.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
50pczn.jpg

Looks like a lovely bloke too tbh

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Haka is so stupid I'm surprised most players can keep it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Rambstien
  • thenry
  • Browny
  • johnny plath
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Mr Fourex
  • mitch222
  • KickHaas
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.