Broncos Playing Times Thread 2011

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I'll be shattered. Can only make the Sunday. Oh well

You might well get your wish. Everyone who wants Beads to be able to make it to Locky's last game - sign the petition. icon_smile

A PASSIONATE fan has organised a petition urging NRL powerbrokers to give Broncos legend Darren Lockyer the farewell he deserves.

Former builder Graham McKenzie, 72, of Bald Hills, already has 200 names on a petition urging the NRL to schedule Lockyer's last home fixture game against Manly on Sunday, September 4, rather than the Friday night of that weekend.

McKenzie said fellow Broncos fan Lynn Martin would seek more signatures at the Broncos-Souths game in Perth tonight, and six people would do likewise at the Broncos' next home game against the Titans.

Broncos chief executive Paul White yesterday revealed the club had been in talks with the NRL and the broadcasters for months, hoping to lock in the 3pm Sunday timeslot.

White said he had yet to receive a definite yes.

"The NRL, Channel 9 and FoxSports are fully aware we have a preference for a Sunday afternoon game because of the event, and being able to run it as a celebration of Locky's amazing career," White said.

"Everyone has been very receptive to it. They understand the significance of Locky's last game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6080862313

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What are the chances of the Broncos v Rabbits game being on a Monday night? I might be in Sydney that weekend so I'm hoping it'd be Monday game!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What are the chances of the Broncos v Rabbits game being on a Monday night? I might be in Sydney that weekend so I'm hoping it'd be Monday game!

Zero chance

A

azza.79

BRL Player
Jul 6, 2011
Newcaslte game is on a Monday night. Dammit.

You would have to think that surely means that the next week we will be playing Souths on a sunday (it would be an outrage if we only got a 4 day turnaround and Bledisloe Cup is at Suncorp on the saturday)........... and then Manly the next week you would imagine will also be on a sunday?

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Spoon
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.