Broncos Position on Ladder at the end of 2014

A bit early for this type of thread, we don't even have our top 25 finalised yet, or our coaching staff for that matter.

I agree that it is too early to tell, I'll answer anyway cos I think it will be interesting to see how my prediction changes before the season starts.

Assuming that we get Milford I think we will finish 6th and go out in the preliminary finals.

I an see it being a slow start to the year while our new spine gels and wouldn't be surprised if we were something like 5-5 after the first 10 rounds. But once things gel and given that our spine will be unaffected by origin I can see us finishing the regular season well and doing some damage in the finals though can't see us beating the likes of manly, roosters or the bunnies come finals.

7-13 i think if things remain the same as they are now.

Most likely 6-12 if Milford signs i'll be feeling a lot more confident about next year.

Bottom 8. White won't have the balls to fire his buddy Hook, and Gee will run out of players who want to move to QLD.

You should be able to tell by the first 80 minutes just like this year, if the Cowboys aren't our first game I hope we draw the Storm or Manly to give us a clear indication of whether or not we're in for another year of rubbish.

You should be able to tell by the first 80 minutes just like this year, if the Cowboys aren't our first game I hope we draw the Storm or Manly to give us a clear indication of whether or not we're in for another year of rubbish.

Yeah, pretty much.

Unless the Broncos have set their sights on playing Griffinball again, I know that teams looking to play actual footy don't really perfectly click together in round 1. So even if we don't win, if I see some indication of fitness and that our players are keen on working on their footwork, smart offloads with support play, passing, quick play the ball, line speed, timing, etc etc, I think that's where we can start to set our sights on making the top 8. Then we'll still need to hope Hunt finds some organisational skills and consistency, Milford (or whoever partners him) provides creative ball playing and not just a running game, McCullough finds consistency too (the good kind) and Barba gets back to his 2012 form.

13th to 16th. Then some players and the coach might realise that they need to improve. Because coming 12th didn't seem to get the message across.

Guys!! We were only 1 1/2 wins out of the 8 this year.

13th to 16th. Then some players and the coach might realise that they need to improve. Because coming 12th didn't seem to get the message across.

How on earth do you know they didn't get the message? Have the broncos been playing some games after the season ended that only rabbir was invited to?

I think we look like having a better squad in 2014 so i see us improving our position from 2013.

If we are lucky with injuries and Hodges/Yow Yeh can make contributions i think we can finish around 6th spot, similar type season to the Sharks or Dogs this year. If we struggle with injuries and have trouble keeping the same 17 each week and have some off field dramas and rumours surrounding the coach/admin i think we will be around 10th spot.

Yeah, we've recruited pretty well to solve our biggest problem - an inability to score points.

Barba out the back will be worth at least 1.5 tries a game over the Norman/Hoffman solution.

Vidot/Mills/Yow Yeh/Oates/Copely/Hoffman on the wing instead of Maranta is worth worth at least 0.5 tries a game.

That guy single-handedly bombed so many tries and I'd go as far to say lost us games (see Melbourne and Warriors). You extrapolate that out and you've probably got your 1.5 wins needed for a finals berth.

So if we do sign Milford, add that to Barba and Hunt and I'm expecting 2.5 tries a game more on average which should win us games. Especially the nothing games where we get into the grind, get field position and just couldn't close for the try.

So many occasions this year where we'd have 3 repeat sets in the opening 10-15 minutes, not score any points, have the 20 minute prop rotation to Hala/Lui/Dodds/Anderson, get shat on up the middle and the opposition lay on 2-3 tries and then mentally shutdown and go even further into ourselves.

2014 absolutely depends on Barba and Hunt and Milford (fingers crossed) closing when we have built momentum.

Having a third big bopper in Kennedy will alleviate the 20 minute prop rotation implosion.

No way will we have any idea in the first 80 minutes.

And Storm or Manly would rout us and probably destroy our confidence for the first 10 rounds of the season.

We're either going to have a rookie 5/8 or Milford, but either will be building a new combination with Barba and Hunt.

I put us at 5th on the LU thread and I stand by that.

We finally have what we were lacking the most this past season, speed and awesome ball playing skills in Barba. I think people are underestimating how much difference he is going to bring to the team. What we really need to be concerned about is it turning into a similar situation to the Bulldogs where things take a turn for the worst when ONE player goes down, whether that be Barba or Hodges again.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • DMZ
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.