Broncos Position on Ladder at the end of 2014

Souths only have two good forwards in burgess and burgess. Cronulla have the best without a doubt. Titans would be up there with us and roosters.

Cronulla only have one good forward in Gallen

I forgot about him a Lewis. But those three hardly make the sharks pack the best

Top four for mine. I believe the players have got the message. I expect Griffin will have the first 8 rounds to keep his job and the players will respond accordingly. With the additions ,in particular the lesser lights many of you expect little from, we will have a much stronger team. Thaiday will hit the ground running although if he never was seen again I'd lose no sleep. I expect Mills from Cronulla to play a part in the first string along with Kennedy at prop. Barba will finish off a lot of moves and we will definitely be more creative. It'll be our best season since Benny left.

I don't think mills is anything special.

I don't think mills is anything special.

Prepare yourself for a surprise then. He has a fuckton of talent, the issue is whether he's missed his window. I expect him to feature at some stage, there are a few ahead of him, but when he does the only thing that will displace him is injury.

I agree about Mills naturally enough but I did forget to mention Oates and Granville. Oates had more opportunities and proved himself and Granville impressed in his longer stint. His second short burst was from memory on an ordinary night weather wise. Like most have identified our problems are at five eight and halfback and I hope we have something to solve that issue. Otherwise the Broncos look covered in all other positions. I honestly believe we have a lot to look forward to.

I think there is way too much doubt over our halves (and hooker IMO) to assume we are a top 4 side. We have 0 proven halves and McCullough is painfully inconsistent and not particularly great either.

I think there is way too much doubt over our halves (and hooker IMO) to assume we are a top 4 side. We have 0 proven halves and McCullough is painfully inconsistent and not particularly great either.

Hopefully he works on his kicking game this off season... I remember him having a good run of kicking maybe a couple of 40/20's in 2012?

Will at least take pressure off our young halves whoever they are. He would be fine IF we had good halves.

About the hooker position I think the heats on. It just seems to me every single position has pressure on it and very very few players in 2014 are absolute certainties . I reckon Oates,Reed,Hoffman and Parker are but who else ? McCullough will have a motivated and fit Granville on his tail . He'd better hit the ground running then.

About the hooker position I think the heats on. It just seems to me every single position has pressure on it and very very few players in 2014 are absolute certainties . I reckon Oates,Reed,Hoffman and Parker are but who else ? McCullough will have a motivated and fit Granville on his tail . He'd better hit the ground running then.

What do you mean by certainties? There are definitely more than 4 players certain to make the side, and I wouldn't count Oates as one of them. We have a lot of depth in the backs now and if Thaiday sticks to the back row, Oates is no certainty to even make the bench, since one of Glenn or Gillett will be there too.

Well I'd like to have some cash on Oates making the side ! Yeah there's probably a few more who would be considered odds on. I suppose you consider Oates a back rower but I don't. Perhaps that's his role in 2015 but I think he'll retain his position or even take Hodges spot. Anyway it's only my opinion but Oates has certainly put in a great performance so far and I can't see it ending or his omission from the team. Oates strike rate in a dismal season was second to none with 8 tries from 9 games with only Hoffman scoring more. I can't imagine a coach throwing away a scoring machine, can you ?

Put him on the bench and then bring him on in the second half. We already have enough centres and wingers.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.