NEWS Broncos put the feelers out for Folau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too PC this days...

Yet we have others who beat females, sexually assault, attempt bestiality, become lunatics on benders, brawl in Asian countries are all fine athletes who are all more than welcome to play in this inclusive comp.
Yet a person who tweets privately about his beliefs is vilified from pillar to post (by the media monster) and denied employment everywhere....tsk tsk tsk
Of course. The media played the wrong ball on Folau because it's a fashionable meme. Here's why:

1. You have to believe in Hell to take what he said as an insult.
2. People who believe in Hell in a big way think just about everyone in going there.
3. He didn't just name homosexuals; he also shamed atheists, fornicators and drunks.
4. Of course, that also includes super nice guy Payne Haas, a Muslim.
5. Yet Payne thinks everyone who is not a Muslim is going to Hell. That's just religion.

So this isn't about picking on gays. Folau is just warning them the Bible says they'll go to Hell if they don't repent. In his head, it's a public service announcement. He's not saying he wants to bash them or they'll give him aids if he tackles them.

INSTAGRAM GETTY israel folau homophobic 1120

Last edited:
Because he said gays and drunks are going to hell

Apparently this classifies as a piece of shit these days.. [emoji300]️
Yep, it's enough. Boyd's been called far worse and his only sin is being out of form. Talk about fucking soft **** snowflakes!

I think he is past it. I’d rather spend the money on somebody young who has potential.

I certainly wouldn’t call him a piece of shit though.
He has his views based on his religious beliefs and he is entitled to them. As long as they don’t call for violence then let him be.

This world is far to PC for me.
I don't have a problem with him holding archaic views but like the rah rah say, keep it to yourself. Fortunately his views will only resonate with the brainwashed . I doubt he's influenced others. Homophobic misogynist.

It’s Weisler, relax, anything he says Broncs related is based on zero inside info. Never happening and if it does somehow, it isn’t cos of this guy knowing anything at all. Pure guess
He probably took the lead from the article written by Colman in the CM asking whether we should make a play for Folau ...

This piece of shit signed for the Panthers the other day without a peep. I'd rather Folau than him, that's for sure.

Manly have torn up the contract of Zane Tetevano after he admitted in court to bashing his girlfriend on four occasions.

On each occasion Tetevano was affected by alcohol and attacked his then girlfriend by variously pushing her to the ground, kicking her, and on one occasion picking her up by her shirt and holding her against a wall, and throwing her around the bedroom at the Merewether unit they once shared.
Given the seriousness of the offences, it is unlikely the NRL will ever register a playing contract again.

Did a single story come out about the Roosters signing him? I certainly don't remember any fuss whatsoever.

On a serious note, I don't actually want Folau but if the club went and signed him on the proviso he kept his views private, I'd be okay with it at a bargain salary. It would be a good business decision if he could keep his mouth shut off the field.

There is probably no point either arguing or worrying about Folau signing with us ...he will 1000% be blocked by the NRL ...

At which point he'll sue the NRL. By the time the case is over he will have been out of professional sports for 2+ years in his 30s and nobody will touch him ...

That is if course assuming he wins his case, which would be doubtful IMO. There is no law forcing an employer to hire someone.

Did a single story come out about the Roosters signing him? I certainly don't remember any fuss whatsoever.

There was a little bit at the time, they signed him and Liam Knight around the same time (The guy who sprayed Aerogard in his mouth to try and avoid an RBT getting an accurate breath sample)

We have a young POS who went crazy in Bali, tagged along with his POS friend who both have POS parents. Our next captain, another POS who terrorised New Yorkers. Current captain is an even bigger POS for cheating than playing the mental card to beg forgiveness. Our team is full of POS's.

There is probably no point either arguing or worrying about Folau signing with us ...he will 1000% be blocked by the NRL ...

At which point he'll sue the NRL. By the time the case is over he will have been out of professional sports for 2+ years in his 30s and nobody will touch him ...

That is if course assuming he wins his case, which would be doubtful IMO. There is no law forcing an employer to hire someone.
He got paid out big time, if he's willing to not say dumb shit, he'd be registered. He's done nothing illegal, if a club wants to sign him and the NRL blocks him that's basically a free court case win.

Seriously though, he's 31 next year, he very easily has 2 excellent years in him and he obviously takes great care of him self physically.

I don't have any doubt he'd be an unbelievably good signing on the field for anything under 500k. It's a shame he's such a mess off the field because damn he was an excellent player for us before he fucked off to AFL.

I don't like the guy at all but as a fan that wants to see us win a premiership he'd be a damn good signing on the field.

Last edited:
He got paid out big time, if he's willing to not say dumb shit, he'd be registered. He's done nothing illegal, if a club wants to sign him and the NRL blocks him that's basically a free court case win.

Seriously though, he's 31 next year, he very easily has 2 excellent years in him and he obviously takes great care of him self physically.

I don't have any doubt he'd be an unbelievably good signing on the field for anything under 500k. It's a shame he's such a mess off the field because damn he was an excellent player for us before he fucked off to AFL.
It would be very easy to fob off the press like this:

ABC Reporter: how do you react to Israel Folau saying homosexuals are going to Hell?

Seibs: Israel says everyone is going to Hell. I don't even believe in Hell, do you?

/End of interview

Last edited:
We have a young POS who went crazy in Bali, tagged along with his POS friend who both have POS parents. Our next captain, another POS who terrorised New Yorkers. Current captain is an even bigger POS for cheating than playing the mental card to beg forgiveness. Our team is full of POS's.

Uh.. what? Why are you calling Fifita & Haas pieces of shit? Fifita has had no off-field incidents bar the scam in Bali, and Haas' only off-field incident was driving without a license to training, which is stupid, but nothing even close to warranting the "piece of shit" label.

There was a little bit at the time, they signed him and Liam Knight around the same time (The guy who sprayed Aerogard in his mouth to try and avoid an RBT getting an accurate breath sample)
It's incredible, compare that to Matt Lodge. Somehow the Roosters do dodgy shit time and time again and never get called out on it. Jake Friend did some really feral shit, so did SKD. Roosters signed them both without a peep.

Last edited:
It would be very easy to fob off the press like this:

ABC Reporter: how do you react to Israel Folau saying homosexuals are going to Hell?

Seibs: Israel says everyone is going to Hell. I don't even believe in Hell, do you?

/End of interview
Unfortunately, putting all that to one side, he did sue his former employer after breaching their contract. There isn't many businesses that would take on that potential liability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • bazza
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • ivanhungryjak
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.